You went to college where? And how did you like it?

Ohio State for undergrad. Loved every minute of it.

Michigan State for grad school. Faculty and administration turned out to be shady as... Well, you know the rest. I still follow the sports, and have a lot of great friends, but that place won't see a dime from me.

Cleveland State for more grad school. It's cheap and easy, and my employer was willing to pay half if I went there. Not much else to say.

UNL for undergraduate in business. I should have taken it way more serious than I did. I believe it's a good school if you go with the right attitude to get a good education. If you want to sluff off and party, that is possible too. There have been extremely successful people who have graduated from there with a good education and ones who just squeaked by and got a diploma. It's what you put into it.

Yeah this. You can get a ton out of UNL, or not very much. It's all up to you. I had an absolutely great time at UNL, and there were a couple of absolutely fantastic professors in the Biology department that kind of took me under their wing. There are opportunities out there if you look for them, and opportunities for slacking off if you look for those too. One will lead to success, the other not so much. I wasn't much of a partier, but my sophomore year...probably took 10 years off my life. Negatives: parking, parking, my advisor was absolutely useless, and parking.

Did my undergrad at UNL, haven't done any school since. Need to figure out what I want to do with my life before dropping dozens of thousands of dollars in tuition and living expenses and years of opportunity cost on a Masters.

If I had to do my undergrad again I would major in computer science or programming.

Spent 1 year at Nebraska Wesleyan. Very expensive even in 1984 and I didn't like fact that it was so small it felt like a HS campus.

Transferred to Northwest Missouri State and enjoyed my time there. I think anyone could be happy at this institution. Not too big not too small and smaller town. Lots of good parties back in the 80's, I know they have really cracked down on Frat parties since about 1995. We had some pretty epic ones back in the day.

Got my masters at Wayne America.

Spent 1 year at Nebraska Wesleyan. Very expensive even in 1984 and I didn't like fact that it was so small it felt like a HS campus.

Transferred to Northwest Missouri State and enjoyed my time there. I think anyone could be happy at this institution. Not too big not too small and smaller town. Lots of good parties back in the 80's, I know they have really cracked down on Frat parties since about 1995. We had some pretty epic ones back in the day.

How sweet were frat parties back in the 80's? It seems like back in the 80's there would have been basically no rules

I went to UNL and really enjoyed the "big college" experience, especially when it comes to athletics and being part of a big alumni base. For those that went to "smaller colleges", what were your reasons for attending a smaller college?

I am interested in this too. I for one could not wait to look into the big colleges when I was a junior in high school. I think some of the things that were always in my mind were

1. A school that has D1 Sports, especially "good" or "popular" football. I wanted that part of college life and at the time I did not know it but I wanted it as part of my life after college. I had a student that just picked picked Florida of Colorado St...she said she loved both schools and they are both good but that when it came down to it she wanted the experience of having that "popular" football team and basketball team that she could always root for and be a part of.

2. I wanted to see the Greek life. I am pretty sure it was not as much fun as I would have liked because they started to crack down on frats having fun but its still something that I will always remember. My brother was a bit scared to leave home and commuted to an expensive private college, which made no sense, you are not saving money if you are commuting to an expensive private college. It is a small college with no frats and the sports are good but, like DIII I think. Come football season he basically has no clue how that team is doing because no one knows or follows it. He would have LOVED a big school but at the time was just worried about it.

My wife went to Nebraska Wesleyan, and she joked that they liked to call it "the Harvard of the Plains", which I always responded with "yeah, how many other small colleges like to use that catch phrase". From her friends that I met at NWU, they were all from smaller towns in Nebraska. I don't mean to offend anyone, but if you are not from Omaha or Lincoln it's a small town In Nebraska.

How sweet were frat parties back in the 80's? It seems like back in the 80's there would have been basically no rules

It was really sweet, that's how sweet it was. Lol

Seriously though we pretty much did whatever we wanted to in the frat. I don't ever recall a time that there weren't at least a few empty kegs in our back stairwell. Also we could still haze the pledges in the early 80's. Believe it or not, that was a plus for the experience. But that was about the time the national fraternitys startes cracking down on stuff like that. A few years generated a lifetime of stories. Pretty immature stories but fun nonetheless.

I went to UNL and really enjoyed the "big college" experience, especially when it comes to athletics and being part of a big alumni base. For those that went to "smaller colleges", what were your reasons for attending a smaller college?

Went to UNL and UNO for criminal justice and decided to change my major. Wanted to do something in health care, but not to be a doctor. Most big schools do not offer anything in allied health care: surgical technology, radiologic technology, respiratory therapist, etc. They have nursing and med school, but not much else. So I went to Nebraska Methodist College to study radiologic technology. Its just one building designed specifically for nursing and the allied health professions. Expensive as crap, but they only accept a few students each year, so its nice low class sizes and they had enough clinical sites (hospitals, small clinics, etc.) that Id be the only student there to learn.

By the time I enrolled, I was already 23, so I didn't really care about the extracurricular activities that college provides. I was there to get my degree and get started with my career. Good school if you are looking to get into health care. Will probably go back there to get certified in MRI, CT or health care administration.

First of all the Greek system at NWMSU in the 80's was more like Animal House than the Ivy Covered Fraternity and Sorority row you see at most larger schools like UNL. I spent less in dues for a semester than a lot of houses in Lincoln charged for a month.

Parties were great. Three dollars buys you a cup and all the beer you could drink. We usually had 300-500 people at parties and about 70% were girls. We would go through 8-12 kegs at most parties. It wasn't just frats that had parties, everyone did. There were several large houses that 8-10 guys would rent and then they would have a rent party every month to pay the rent.

It was a different time, if the cops were called the first time they would just say keep it down. The second time they would break up the party not start handing out tickets like they do now.