Fresno State Discussion

Who knows. Ask Nick Saban why they were only up by 7 in the 4th quarter at home to Colorado state last year, and needed 2 late TD's to make it look respectable.

It happens. Every. Single. Year.

You just described a three score victory as close.

Alabama was favored by just shy of 40 points. If we're going by Polo logic, it was a close game, and Saban should have been held accountable.

Edit: Oh, and the final score isn't always indicative of how close a game was. But I'm sure you knew that.

Who knows. Ask Nick Saban why they were only up by 7 in the 4th quarter at home to Colorado state last year, and needed 2 late TD's to make it look respectable.

Alabama was favored by just shy of 40 points. If we're going by Polo logic, it was a close game, and Saban should have been held accountable.

I'd be willing to bet if you asked a random Alabama fan about how he felt about that game, it wouldn't have too favorable.

And I thought betting lines weren't indicative of what Vegas thinks should happen?

For the sake of accuracy, Alabama was up 17-6 starting in the 4th quarter (which is 11 points, not 7) and won 31-6. It was still considered a sputtering performance, and it does happen every year to the best of teams. It even often happens to NU, which in recent history has gone on to then show that they weren't one of those 'best of teams' after all.

I wouldn't recommend panic if Fresno gives us a close game. Though I think there is a consensus here that this should not be expected.

Yeah, my bad. I thought it was 13-6 entering the 4th quarter. Nobody really thinks we'll lose this game. There's just a few here that seem to think that if we don't win 42-0 (hyperbole) NU sucks.

It's the same tired argument that is all certain posters want to steer the discussion towards.

I'd be willing to bet if you asked a random Alabama fan about how he felt about that game, it wouldn't have too favorable.

And I thought betting lines weren't indicative of what Vegas thinks should happen?

How many wanted Saban "held accountable" after the game?

And they aren't.

And they aren't.

held accountable for what? losing 4 games a year? he has not done that. not winning championships? he has done that. the comparison really makes no sense. especially since you got the factual basis wrong in the first place.

• Fire 1

And they aren't.

held accountable for what? losing 4 games a year? he has not done that. not winning championships? he has done that. the comparison really makes no sense. especially since you got the factual basis wrong in the first place.

I'll never understand comparing Bo to Saban as an argument to make Bo look better.

And they aren't.

We're talking about one game scenarios. So, your point about 4 loss seasons is a red herring. I was off by 4 points, so crucify me. My original point stands.

And they aren't.

I'll never understand comparing Bo to Saban as an argument to make Bo look better.

JFC. I can pick another game and make the same argument. It was just the first that came to mind from last year. This isn't about Bo or Saban.

This is about fans acting like f'ing morons based on a game score not being as lopsided as they think it should be. Hence my statement of it happening every single year.

If it's not a tough game, and Nebraska doesn't suck, then why is it close in this scenario?

Nebraska can't finish drives, we get wore out by the 4th quarter due to being a late game, FSU has a rouge pick 6, rouge scoop and score, key Nebraska player gets hurt during the game, Nebraska can't pass protect, Nebraska can't run block, TA throws 3 picks, AA fumbles a lot, Fresno successfully runs multiple trick plays, Fresno ground and pounds the game into a "shortened" game, Fresno hits a Hail Mary, or Nebraska's secondary can't play the pass just to name a few.

he said "if nebraska doesn't suck" - in your hypothetical...they most certainly do suck.

And they aren't.

We're talking about one game scenarios. So, your point about 4 loss seasons is a red herring. I was off by 4 points, so crucify me. My original point stands.

That a 21 point victory is close?

• Fire 2

1. Probably a few. I'm sure Mr Finebaum had a great many "PAWWWWWWWL THEY AINT FOCUSED" calls that following Monday.

2. Then why did you try to use them as your argument just now?

1. Yeah, we don't have Pawl. We have HB.

2. I'll take "what is an illustration" for $500, Alex?

And they aren't.

who is demanding bo is held accountable for his performance on only one game? if we play poorly against fresno, many fear that is probably indicative of a season worse than we are all hoping for. that is why we are discussing fresno.

And they aren't.

JFC. I can pick another game and make the same argument. It was just the first that came to mind from last year. This isn't about Bo or Saban.

This is about fans acting like f'ing morons based on a game score not being as lopsided as they think it should be. Hence my statement of it happening every single year.

We aren't talking about a game score. We (at least I ) am talking about the game.

And they aren't.

That a 21 point victory is close?

It was a close game until the last few minutes. It's the same thing as the naive statements by some that Alabama got Blown out by OU in the Sugar Bowl. OU tacked on a scoop and score TD in the last minute.