Fresno State Discussion

Why would you? You have been told F off, embarrassed numerous time by actions and results by this staff and coach. IE lower expectations/demands. Exactly what Polo has been saying.

Every year it is next year, but at first when Bo got here we would dominate the Big12, march straight through the Big 10, now we are worried about Fresno State. Makes perfect sense to me.

• Fire 4

Is anyone actually arguing that expectations haven't been lowered? Or that lowered expectations should go on forever?

Does anyone think Bo Pelini isn't on the hot seat already? That he'll survive another season like last year, or worse?

I think some of us are saving a little room for optimism, because why the hell not, and it does indeed feel like some folks here are rooting for the first opportunity to fire Bo Pelini. Like the third game of the season if he fails to deliver a blowout. Against a team we want credit for scheduling.

Also I never expected Bo Pelini to dominate the Big 12 then march through the Big 10. Why would anyone assume it would be that easy?

Just because a new head coach announced his intention to win?

But I do demand a much improved season seven. I don't think that's too much.

It just requires waiting till the end of the season.

Also I never expected Bo Pelini to dominate the Big 12 then march through the Big 10. Why would anyone assume it would be that easy?

Just because a new head coach announced his intention to win?

But I do demand a much improved season seven. I don't think that's too much.

It just requires waiting till the end of the season.

That narrative actually made an SI cover story when they joined the B1G. It wasn't conjured.

Does anyone think Bo Pelini isn't on the hot seat already? That he'll survive another season like last year, or worse?

Pelini is no more on the hot seat than any other coach with a .700 winning percentage.

He'll be on quite a few lists come fall. Do you think he'd survive a 7 win season? How about an 8 win season with a couple blowouts? If you answer no to either of those, then I think he's on the hot seat. 90-95% of coaches out there would survive those seasons.

After walking away from last year, I do not believe he is on the hot seat. But I believe a loss to Fresno State will put him in that direction, as they are by no means the toughest on our schedule, above the other cup cakes, but are not on a level with Michigan State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Miami and possibly Minnesota. Now of course the general thought of those teams other than Miami were a bunch of slow plodding cupcakes while we were in the Big 12. Little to no respect for them had ever been voiced. Now they are this giant juggernaut of a schedule.

Guy, go back and read the posts, the predictions of 12 and 1 season, the CCG wins. This group twists in the wind on a regular basis.

• Fire 1

FSU is expected to win their conference and we are on the road.

Miami has issues, but is expected to win their division in the ACC by the media.

We are on the road to the top three teams in our division, not including Nebraska, and are on the road for the number two team in the other division.

I would say we have a tougher schedule.