Fresno State Discussion

Hey slippery logic!

That 2012 CCG game sure was close until Wisconsin scored 10 touchdowns and made it look lopsided

Fresno is a game where, if. Nebraska has begun to turn the corner, they should physically dominate the game. And as a corollary, the score would reflect as such.

At the end of the day it's a power team from an AQ conference playing a lower tier team with a minuscule budget, facilities and history. That's why expectations are high.

• Fire 3

I don't think this will be a difficult game, and I will be disappointed if we struggle.

That doesn't mean I'm going to call a team that went 11-2, was ranked #20 in BCS, and won their conference "bad" or "lower level in their conference." In fact, they a picked by the media to win their division, the opposite of lower level.

Yeah, I think if we were talking about last year's version of Fresno State, it would be a different conversation altogether.

But let's put it this way: Carr, Adams, and Burse were (much) better than Ganz, Swift, and Peterson. It's simply not going to be the same team.

Hey slippery logic!

That 2012 CCG game sure close until Wisconsin scored 10 touchdowns.

Fresno is a game where, if. Nebraska has begun to turn the corner, they should physically do innate the game. And as a corollary, the score would reflect as such.

And now you're going all Polo by being intentionally obtuse. This is stupid.

• Fire 1

I don't think this will be a difficult game, and I will be disappointed if we struggle.

That doesn't mean I'm going to call a team that went 11-2, was ranked #20 in BCS, and won their conference "bad" or "lower level in their conference." In fact, they a picked by the media to win their division, the opposite of lower level.

If the previous years performance and media projection for 2014 reveals a reasonable expectation for Fresno, I can only assume you aren't too thrilled with Nebraska's prospects this season.

#9wins

i think this fresno thread needs to get broken into an alabama/saban thread.

funny to see such an argument about a team we all agree we should stomp. yes, we may struggle. and it does happen. but if anyone here says that it will not be disappointing or cause for concern is lying to themselves. that's the point. we should go in there and play well. if we do not, we may have some serious problems again.

• Fire 2

Hey slippery logic!

That 2012 CCG game sure close until Wisconsin scored 10 touchdowns.

Fresno is a game where, if. Nebraska has begun to turn the corner, they should physically do innate the game. And as a corollary, the score would reflect as such.

And now you're going all Polo by being intentionally obtuse. This is stupid.

The argument that "late scores don't matter and make things look different" isn't a very good one. By that logic, 2013 MSU was a close loss for Nebraska, when it absolutely was not.

Stop making it about the score, Nebraska should dominate this game. You've said as much.

• Fire 1

funny to see such an argument about a team we all agree we should stomp. yes, we may struggle. and it does happen. but if anyone here says that it will not be disappointing or cause for concern is lying to themselves. that's the point. we should go in there and play well. if we do not, we may have some serious problems again.

Of course it will be disappointing if we don't win by 4 TD's. There's a difference between saying you're disappointed, and talk of "holding people accountable."

Of course it will be disappointing if we don't win by 4 TD's. There's a difference between saying you're disappointed, and talk of "holding people accountable."

And we are saying if NU loses, or struggles, there should be accountability. Not how heads should roll if it's not a 4 td win.

i guess i am just expecting us to play well and hopefully have the game never really be in question. i am unsure who is saying bo needs to be held accountable if we do not play well in this game? but also, when do we get to talk about holding people accountable?

The argument that "late scores don't matter and make things look different" isn't a very good one. By that logic, 2013 MSU was a close loss for Nebraska, when it absolutely was not.

Using your logic, 1995 Nebraska struggled with Washington State, because they only won by 14.

Final scores don't tell the whole story of a game.

Using your logic, 1995 Nebraska struggled with Washington State, because they only won by 14.

Final scores don't tell the whole story of a game.

That's my point.

• Fire 1

And we are saying if NU loses, or struggles, there should be accountability. Not how heads should roll if it's not a 4 td win.

You've set the baseline for "struggling" as anything that's not a blowout. 21+ is a considered a blowout.

So.............