What kind of customer are you?

Like, when you are at a restaurant or a bar...

Are you a complainer...are you the kind of person that doesn't tip well if you think the service is bad do you return things, food, drinks. Do you make comments on how its "taking so long" or things like that?

Never complained. Always tip 20-25% unless service is horrible. Even if it is they still get 15% and I'm too shy to complain.

I let them know if there is something wrong but I always tip minimum 15% mostly because I got through college working at bars/restaurants and I know what it's like to make $2/hr and depend on tips. I do like that some restaurants in bigger places are starting to go away with tips and instead pay their employees a livable wage with benefits.

My dad is a complainer and it embarrasses me when he does. He always eats the food, leaves a couple of bites left, complains and then gets a free meal or they bring him another meal. Like I said, I get very embarrassed when he does this.

As for me, I can only think of one time Ive complained. I ordered a steak from Applebees in Jacksonville, Florida and I swear they only cooked that sh#t for maybe two minutes. Raw and cold. Took one bite and couldn't even swallow. Sent it back and they bring me another that was maybe cooked for four minutes. Not much better, so I just didn't eat. Always tip pretty well.

What kind of customer am I? Cool.........I'm a cool customer.

Don't complain very often but will if there is something pretty wrong with the food, like if a steak is ordered medium rare and they bring it medium well or more or, if it's my wifes and it is undercooked. Will say something if I don't get what I ordered or of it tastes like total sh#t. Hasn't happened very often. If something is just slightly off, I'll let it go. Usually tip min 15% to 20% . Rarely might tip more for outstanding service. Weakness is I usually won't complain about bad service......but I won't leave a tip if service is really bad. Once again, that has probably only happened a few times.

• Fire 1

Regarding service, I'd only talk to a manager for exceptionally great or poor service. I will overtip for good to great service, but won't go below 15% unless the service is just awful. If it's bad enough that I feel the need to speak to a manager, you're not getting a f'ing tip - do your job properly or find another job. McDonalds is probably hiring. I usually won't comment on minor food issues, but if it's something really major, I will. Also note that I'm far more willing to mention more and more minor things the higher the price goes. If I'm eating a $50 plate, it better be excecuted properly, etc.

Much nicer than I should be, probably

tip 15-20% every time. Can only think of one, possibly a second, time where I didn't tip at all because everything was done so horribly. Most of the time I am really nice and almost never complain

what kind of customer am i? well i am glad you asked. i am an extremely generous tipper; hundred dollar bill every time, regardless of service. however, i am extremely demanding. i will yell at anyone and everyone: waiters, bus boys, managers, other diners, cooks. it does not matter. i once made a waitress at pizza hut cry because the pepperoni was too thick. it is just who i am, but i have very high standards and demands that i will make known. needless to say, there are few restaurants i can still patron.

actually, i am a lot like beanman. rarely do i have a complaint, but when i do my wife will handle it. and i am a fairly generous tipper, because an extra buck or two makes a fair tip a huge gratuity (i was not going to say tip there).

• Fire 2

I am generally an easy going customer, as long as the server is attentive. It's awful when I am at a bar or restaurant and the server never stops by to ask if I need anything. Yes, I do need that 3rd glass of Coke, thank you!!!

If I am with my friends, I will have witty banter with the waitress (Teach can attest to this), and then I am sure she spits in my food or worse.

I tip around the 20% mark, sometimes more, sometimes less. I usually don't complain unless the service or food is absolutely terrible.

I have never not tipped. I typically tip 20-25%, depending on how lazy I want to be with the math (also usually based on how much wine I've had).

I have only one time gotten what I consider truly rude, awful service. That was when a waitress apparently had a problem with the fact that one of our party was an Arab. She kept giving him dirty looks, like he'd done something to her, only he's about the nicest, coolest person I know, so it definitely wasn't him causing the problem. She was just horrible from the beginning of the meal to the end, from the very first word she said to us. We actually had a pretty good laugh at it, and nicknamed her "Joy" because she clearly had none. Still tipped her 20%, because Joy has to make a living, too. Probably should have talked to the manager, but... meh. It's not worth getting her fired. Maybe she was just having an awful night.

Oddly enough, years later we went to the same restaurant, and one of our party decided to be Mr. Complainer and embarrassed the entire table to the point where we just about pushed the manager away, telling him everything was fine and not to worry, and we almost forcibly dragged our complainer dinner guest out of there. I think we even paid for his portion of the meal, which was quite good. This was an anniversary party for a couple in our group, too. Just utterly awful.

I'm generally a good tipper, around 20%, unless the service is bad, which does not tend to happen that often. Small talk with the server, and will say "thank you" and make eye contact. I generally will not complain, if I don't like something, I wont ever come back, and will discourage people I know from going there. I can only think of one case where I talked to a manager. And one other where I filed a complaint on their website before the check came.

The only time I ever did not tip a server was one time I was out to dinner with my girlfriend in college. We waited forever for our food, and then our server walked by our table and then gave us a look like "Oh Sh%t, I forgot about their food." On the receipt I wrote something like "We know you forgot to put our food order in, that's why you aren't getting a tip." She tried to come explain herself as we were walking out, but it was too late.