Fall Camp Updates

“It just kind of feels different. Even through the summer, through the winter, coming out of the spring. It just feels kind of different around here from the past two years. The way we came out and worked today shows how much work we put in.” — Linebacker Michael Rose on the difference between 2014 and previous years.

This was in the Omaha article from a day or so ago. Feels different because a certain player isn't there anymore? I may and expect to be wrong but I just felt the team played harder when Martinez wasn't on the field. Just my opinion. For the record, I'm not anti Martinez...but maybe I was a tad.

I moved some posts around to different threads. Appreciate everyone's contributions but in the interests of organization and facilitating discussion, there is a thread for each general position group (somewhere out there). If you have an update that mainly deals with a certain position (cornerbacks, running backs, etc.), let's try to keep those together so it's easier to follow. General comments about the team are good here.

Thanks. And keep up the good work!

:thumbs

• Fire 1

Color me surprised at how much we are hearing about Fyfe. Brandon Reilly said that he thinks Fyfe deserves a shot at the starting job, which I think(hope) is more of a credit to Fyfe than an indictment on Tommy. I really hoped that Tommy (or ONE of the QBs) would come into this fall and run away with the job....

“It just kind of feels different. Even through the summer, through the winter, coming out of the spring. It just feels kind of different around here from the past two years. The way we came out and worked today shows how much work we put in.” — Linebacker Michael Rose on the difference between 2014 and previous years.

This was in the Omaha article from a day or so ago. Feels different because a certain player isn't there anymore? I may and expect to be wrong but I just felt the team played harder when Martinez wasn't on the field. Just my opinion. For the record, I'm not anti Martinez...but maybe I was a tad.

I understand what you are saying but do you think Martinez's presence affected the defense? Might be a stretch.

I understand what you are saying but do you think Martinez's presence affected the defense? Might be a stretch.

For a defense comprised of mostly freshman and redshirt freshmen, it's not a stretch whatsoever in my opinion to think that most of them probably had a better connection with Tommy. More of a peer. "Their guy" as opposed to someone 3-4 years older than them. I really dont think it's a stretch at all. I dont think it's right either and something that should not have happened.

For a defense comprised of mostly freshman and redshirt freshmen, it's not a stretch whatsoever in my opinion to think that most of them probably had a better connection with Tommy. More of a peer. "Their guy" as opposed to someone 3-4 years older than them. I really dont think it's a stretch at all. I dont think it's right either and something that should not have happened.

I think that sometimes people try to convince themselves that something is true even of its not. If anyone played harder for one QB than another, that player should never be on a football field.