Un(?)Warranted Optimism Thread

What the heck, I know I'm not the only koolaid drinking fool in these parts, so I'm going to get it started.

This year is going to be epic. In short, here's my take on how this year will roll-out.

We will lose one head-scratcher game, earlier in the season. No idea which one...that's why it will be a head-scratcher. We will also lose one game that most would consider a possible loss going in, or at least a toss up. We have some tough road games this year.

Beyond that, those two will be our only two losses. Toward the end of the season, we will begin to clearly be a dominant team. We will win the Big10 CG, convincingly. We will be in the playoff at the end of the year.

Our defense will come out of the gate good, racing on their way to greatness. There will be multiple blackshirt players that truly frighten opposing teams, with running back, receivers and qbs clearly either looking to go down early, or missing catches out of their fear. Buy stock in wood, because the wood will be brought on defense this year.

The offense will be stable to start the season. An early season solid outing against Miami will be the harbinger of the rest of the year. With that commanding win under their belts, the O will just continue to improve. TA will prove to be a winning combination of Turner Gill and Tommy Frazier. Beck will actually call games to our strengths and stop being so inconsistent. Ameer will cement his position as a legit Heisman Candidate, but may miss out due to the talented gang behind him that will also excel. I was once told that if Jesus appeared on stage at a Who concert, he'd be the third person you'd watch. I feel that way about our backfield and receiving corps. Records will be broken. Downfield blocking will once again become legendary.

Bo and his staff will "get it" this year and will be the ones out-coaching the others in critical games. They have the studs to make it happen this year.

Unfortunately, we will not win the playoffs, setting us up for "Unfinished Business 2", leading to two national championships in the next 3 years.

!!!!!Go Big Red!!!!!

• Fire 4

Man, you put four cups of sugar in that Kool -Aid. You have that one inch thick layer of unmixable sugar at the bottom of your Kool-Aid jar. I'm pumped up too..

DSC00234.jpg

Yeah...I like to chug it and get to that sugar sludge at the bottom....It makes me even more optimistic...right before I go into a coma....

• Fire 1

This year is shaping up to be special. Not the "earth, wind and fire" coach speak last year, but players calmly announcing a change in the mentality. Coaches saying that the guys understand there is no "off season" etc.... Talent across the board that we haven't seen since 2010 under Bo.

If Beck call to the strength of the team (read the plays they can actually execute), doesn't stop until the D forces us to and leans on the run to open up the pass we might be in the running. And stop the TO's. Even a perfectly called game dies if we lose the TO battle.

I still say if we were average in TO's last year, that would have easily gotten us 2 wins IMO. The past few seasons that's what it has come down to more than talent, play calling or whatever. TO's cost us games.

I'm more pessimistic this year than most years. I typically open the kool-aid bar and take care of dispensing the drinks, but this year... I'm having trouble getting excited for the season.

I'll say this - the guys on the field at Fan Day passed the eye test more than in years past. They look the part, but anyone who's watched the Husker Volleyball team knows that lots of teams come in to Lincoln and look great in warmup, only to get trounced by the no-fooling-around Huskers when the whistle blows. Looking good means nothing - it's about heart and skill and determination.

Is this year's team more substantial than years past? We'll only know after Miami, or maybe after Wisconsin.

We aren't making the playoffs with 2 losses. Especially if one of them is a "head scratcher"

I thought twice about that, but, hell, the koolaid is strong with this one. It would be a scenario where we take our lumps early, then dominate down the stretch. Match that up with the East Big 10 division winner being impressive and undefeated coming into the Big 10 Championship game, where we destroy them. Would also depend on the other powerhouses around the country taking a few similar lumps during the season. It could happen.......couldn't it?

I'm more pessimistic this year than most years. I typically open the kool-aid bar and take care of dispensing the drinks, but this year... I'm having trouble getting excited for the season.

I'll say this - the guys on the field at Fan Day passed the eye test more than in years past. They look the part, but anyone who's watched the Husker Volleyball team knows that lots of teams come in to Lincoln and look great in warmup, only to get trounced by the no-fooling-around Huskers when the whistle blows. Looking good means nothing - it's about heart and skill and determination.

Is this year's team more substantial than years past? We'll only know after Miami, or maybe after Wisconsin.

Give me your address...I'll overnight some koolaid...