CBSSports.com: 2014 College Football Conference Predictions

2014 College Football Conference Predictions

It's August. College football will be played later this month, and you'll want to prepare yourself mentally, physically and emotionally. CBSSports.com will be with you throughout August, breaking down every league in the country and previewing what's to come in year one of the College Football Playoff era.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24647917/college-football-conference-predictions

Neither Nebraska nor Miami are impressing these guys much. One guy picks Nebraska to win their division, nobody picks Miami to win theirs, and both teams have a fourth-place division vote.

We gotta be the one to prove the doubters wrong this year. I'm gonna asplode if we lose to Miami.

Neither Nebraska nor Miami are impressing these guys much. One guy picks Nebraska to win their division, nobody picks Miami to win theirs, and both teams have a fourth-place division vote.

We gotta be the one to prove the doubters wrong this year. I'm gonna asplode if we lose to Miami.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Although... Fowler does pick us to win the conference over MSU.

It's not too far fetched to pick us either way. I mean, is Iowa gonna be good? Is Wisconsin gonna be good? Are we? Those are question marks that can only be answered during the season. Answers I CANNOT wait for! I'm gonna be Going Veronica soon...

Fresno State picked by most to win their division...and if they're not picked first, they're second behind Nevada.

I know there's been some attrition due to graduation, but I do have concerns about this game tripping our team up.

I'm more surprised about Nevada. I haven't heard much from them since their old coach retired. I think he did anyways.

The thing that bums me out is that Jerry Hinnen picks us 4th in the West. Hinnen is usually money when it comes to picks. I often look to see who he has when I'm filling out my own pool sheet. Then again, Hinnen is picking Baylor to beat out OU this year in the B12. So maybe the dude has been smoking crack in the offseason. :dunno

The thing that bums me out is that Jerry Hinnen picks us 4th in the West. Hinnen is usually money when it comes to picks. I often look to see who he has when I'm filling out my own pool sheet. Then again, Hinnen is picking Baylor to beat out OU this year in the B12. So maybe the dude has been smoking crack in the offseason. :dunno

Well, he picked us first last year. :)

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Although... Fowler does pick us to win the conference over MSU.

Pessimist mood today. Midway standings .....

FAU - W (god I hope so)

McNeese - W (ditto)

Fresno - L (famous Nebraska turnover machine turned on and full blasts ahead)

ThugU - L (thorns except '94)

Illinois - W (luckily at home)

Michigan St. - L (shucks, no upset)

Northwestern - L (sorry, no Hail Mary)

3W and 4L. Way more intense than "asplode"