Armstrong dinged up at practice

I'm simply asking for any shred of evidence from any reputable source that Armstrong actually suffered a concussion. The answers I'm getting are Joe Ganz had one in 2009 and "dinged up" is a catch phrase this coach uses quite a bit.

Even if any/all of that is true, it still doesn't mean this staff did anything wrong, or that they didn't follow protocols, or that this warrants anything other than having Armstrong wear a no-contact jersey for a while.

Which, I believe, he did.

Guess not, but like I said, there's past instances, like Joe Ganz up there where it's shown that there's little regard for a starting QB's safety.

Like the Minnesota game last year.

Or this little gem.

There was talk that you got a concussion early on in the Iowa State game and played through it. Was that true?

"Yes it was true. That was a little secret I had to keep for the whole game."

https://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1230536

But, if you need a direct quote from Bo, or a question answered from Sam or whomever, as you incontrovertible proof, well that's convenient because you know damn well that's not coming, as history would dictate.

• Fire 1

A lot has changed in concussion knowledge and protocol since 2008. Oh, then there is that multi-million dollar facility connected to the the football facilities for this kind of stuff. I will go ahead and defer to their expert judgment, not troll agendas.

Good thing Ganz was 09, Green was 2011 then....

Calling me names doesn't erase past instances or the current "dingy" situation.

We could find a quote from every quarterback from Martinez back to Dennis Claridge saying they've played with a concussion and it still wouldn't show in any way that Armstrong had a concussion Saturday. "Concussion-like" symptoms are FAR more quickly diagnosed today than ever before. They are FAR more likely to call something "concussion-like" today than even a year ago. So Cody Green having a concussion years ago and hiding it doesn't mean Armstrong had a concussion Saturday, either.

And we've already covered that Ganz' concussion wasn't diagnosed in the Gator Bowl.

A lot has changed in concussion knowledge and protocol since 2008. Oh, then there is that multi-million dollar facility connected to the the football facilities for this kind of stuff. I will go ahead and defer to their expert judgment, not troll agendas.

Good thing Ganz was 09, Green was 2011 then....

Calling me names doesn't erase past instances or the current "dingy" situation.

Good thing you keep pulling out instance where the players apparently hid their injuries from the staff.

• Fire 2

I think you're digging at nothing, polo.

Although I admit, when you bring up Ganz's concussion I had to take a pause and say, "Huh. That's a good point." We've come a long way on concussion awareness and protocol since 2008. But between that, rushing Kody Spano back, being upset at Lee for electing offseason surgery, playing Taylor when he was clearly too hurt to function, Cody Green's 2010 post-concussion (?) start, maybe we don't have the best track record here. I remember a lot of furor over the judgment of the medical staff, especially.

I thought we had a case not too long ago of a player being held out briefly, and Bo's exact words were that any time it's something in the head area, you want to take all precautions. So I don't think we have anything to worry about, with Tommy, and I think it'd be a big stretch to make the "Bo doesn't care about his players' health" claim from this.

Bo & his players' health is a weird path to travel. Like zoogies said, there have been reported issues with Bo's opinion of injuries, including the rumors that Zac Lee was passed over by Martinez due to off-season surgery, and Green's Iowa State game with the concussion. We've seen Bo use the "dinged up" / "nicked up" phrase before where a guy's leg nearly fell off or he was clinically dead on the field for 78 seconds or something, so we know Bo is notoriously understated about injuries. He gives about the same info as his mentor, Belichick, in that area.

But as recently as this year he "took every precaution" with Ryne Reeves after he got dinged up:

Pelini also addressed junior Ryne Reeves’ injury at practice, stating that the Huskers were taking precautionary measures after Reeves had been complaining of neck pain.

“Fortunately, Ryan Reeves' dad was here," Pelini said. "Ryan was having pain in his neck, and anytime you have pain in your neck, we're going to treat it with caution. We think it's precautionary, but we're going to make sure we find out exactly what's going on."

And he sat Abdullah for the Spring Game out of precautionary fear of an injury.

So when Bo says Armstrong got "dinged up," did his neck snap in seven places or did he get a strawberry from the FieldTurf? Is it the Bo who played Martinez against Minnesota last year or the Bo who wouldn't play the guy everyone came to see in the Spring Game this year?

All we know is, we don't know anything.

• Fire 1

I think you're digging at nothing, polo.Although I admit, when you bring up Ganz's concussion I had to take a pause and say, "Huh. That's a good point." We've come a long way on concussion awareness and protocol since 2008. But between that, rushing Kody Spano back, being upset at Lee for electing offseason surgery, playing Taylor when he was clearly too hurt to function, Cody Green's 2010 post-concussion (?) start, maybe we don't have the best track record here. I remember a lot of furor over the judgment of the medical staff, especially.I thought we had a case not too long ago of a player being held out briefly, and Bo's exact words were that any time it's something in the head area, you want to take all precautions. So I don't think we have anything to worry about, with Tommy, and I think it'd be a big stretch to make the "Bo doesn't care about his players' health" claim from this.

So, one instance vs four is enough to discredit?

And, I never said "Bo doesn't care about health". I'm just pointing out a trend.

If it was a concussion, I imagine Bo not divulging that to "protect" TA when the season starts. Don't want guys teeing off on him 2 weeks from now in the season opener. (just a thought)

I can also imagine that Bo and Co have put their collective butts in the hands of TA and this seasons results. I do not think Bo would put his starter in harms way 2 weeks before the season opens. With all of the technology NU now has, IMO, he would have been tested in great detail for concussion or concussion like symptoms.

The handling of Darlington, IMO, shows that BO and the staff are taking head injuries seriously.

Dinged could be a stained joint, stinger, wind knocked out etc.......

So you have two shaky reasons for believing....what, exactly? and one of them is easily explained away by remembering that there weren't any concussion reports about Joe Ganz because he cheated the test by asking a lineman to help him remember the answers to the questions that were about to follow by the medical staff.

If guys are going to be able to tee off on Armstrong in 2 weeks we've got serious issues, and it's going to be a long season.

Once the season starts (teams in general) not specifically Florida Atlantic. It was meant in the general term of hitting him at some point in the game.

I agree, if "teeing" off means controlling the LOS and getting to TA in the backfield, we are in for a long, long season.