Robin Williams-Dead at age 63

Mrs. Doubtfire will always hold a special place in my heart. I first discovered it about a month after my parents got divorced. I would re-watch it constantly not only because it's a funny movie, but his beautiful portrayal of a loving, caring father made a huge impact on how I perceived everything that was suddenly happening in my life.

The man was an absolute gem and will be forever missed.

robinwilliams110314_560.jpg

• Fire 1

He was just here in MN at a treatment facility in late June. I believe they said he was just checking in to make sure he was still on track with his sobriety, etc. Clearly there was more going on behind the scene.

It's always difficult to hear someone taking this path to end the battle with what they are struggling with.

Dead Poets Society was an amazing film. A hidden gem of his (*maybe for me because I watched it so much as a kid) = Popeye! He did a great job in that character and it was a musical!!! Just shows what an all around talent he was....and from all those testifying, an even better person.

I lost two friends to suicide in a three week window when I was 19 years old and can't imagine what his family is going through right now. Thinking of them first and foremost and all those who are now re-living losing someone this way through all the media attention.

A good article from Cracked.com (IMO) on why the funny ones aren't laughing inside

Robin Williams, Chris Farley, John Belushi...*sigh*

Really good article.

I wasn't even a fan of Robin Williams...at all really. But Dead Poet's society is great and I thought he was better in his more serious roles. He clearly knew the darker territories pretty well even though it wasn't the side that he usually let show through. No matter what your opinion though, it's awful what he was going through and even worse how it ended. RIP.

• Fire 1

Apparently his death set an asshat candidate with no tact responding to a Robin Williams condolences tweet set off quite the political firestorm here in Minnesota.

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/politics/2014/08/12/pols-post-sets-off-twitter-firestorm/13946503/

Fixed for accuracy after RTFA.

Well done except he wasn't a candidate. He is the Deputy Chair of the GOP in Minnesota.