And What's the Deal With Injuries?

NUpolo8

we are lean because Nebraska doesn't sign 30 kids a class and cut the non performers, injured players, grayshirt, etc to get down to the 85 by the end of fall camp. is that what you're getting at with these threads? Become more like the SEC?

This is being discussed elsewhere, but Nebraska could have signed 30 last year, and still had 3 scholarships available for walkons. would that be cheating? no. we just chose to sign 25 instead.

Just because we have scholly's to give out doesn't mean we give them to awful or undeserving recruits that the coaches know don't fit or won't play. Which I believe may be what you are referring to, sorta.

No, I'm referring to the fact that we signed 25 and could have signed 30 and still been under 85. So signing 30 isn't automatically "cheating". And if you think that oversigning by a few is such and advantage for those teams (which is what I'm guessing you were referring to) - join the roster management discussion and give me your opinion on what impact undersigning by double that amount has on NU.

Isn't there a ncaa and B1G rule against signing more than 25 a year?
it's 28.

sorry to jump right in there, but is there anywhere I can keep up with these injuries?

Did you even read the previous posts?

but here is the link again....This is for all of college football but has the Nebraska injuries on there too. Along with Suspensions.

http://www.donbest.com/ncaaf/injuries/

Good God - look at Texas's list. Strong is cleaning house.

giphy.gif

• Fire 1

Depth is an issue and may always be here. Our walkon program helps in this regard and has proven the staff can coach em up. Attrition isn't something the staff can foresee. It seems it has hit this team at certain positions that weve also missed on. DT being an example. You cant have injuries, defections and recruiting misses at one position and not have it affect the teams success as a whole. Not something im putting on the staff. Trying to breakdown every single injury to our guys and determine if we should have different floor tile in the showers could be a little maddening. Where does addidas play a role in this? Strength and Conditioning is always something I believe we take great pride in being on the innovative edge but doing certain things before everyone else means you reap the benefits as well as the pitfalls. Doesn't mean we aren't trying to be forward thinking. This could be simply traced be to bad luck and timing. Its where im putting my chips right now. But im not far off from a chicken little scenario.

Its just one of those things where recent memory always makes things seem worse now than in the past. Particularly with how much more access we have to that info now. Injuries have always been a part of football. And I do not think it's something that is more prone here. A couple years ago Maryland lost their top 4 QBs and were down to moving a LB over to play QB for instance. But we certainly do not pay as much attention to other rosters than we do the Husker roster.

• Fire 1

sorry to jump right in there, but is there anywhere I can keep up with these injuries?

but here is the link again....This is for all of college football but has the Nebraska injuries on there too. Along with Suspensions.

It's missing a lot. Doesn't list Adam Taylor, Corey Whitaker, or Curry.

It's missing a lot. Doesn't list Adam Taylor, Corey Whitaker, or Curry.

A lot to schools to cover. Wouldn't expect it to be updated 100% but eventually will get there.

I found it interesting that Bo said during the BTN LIVE tour bus, that the new GPS project with Catapult that will help them monitor each players workload on and off the field so the coaches can work with individual players in toning down the amount workout they do so they don't injury themselves later in the season. Bo went on to say it should eliminate soft tissue injuries.

While I don't agree with the "elimination" part of soft tissue injuries, it will be interesting to see if it does "reduce" the amount. I hope they stick with this project for not just one season and ditch it, but rather keep it around for a few seasons to see if it truly does work.