American Journalist Beheaded by ISIS.

Antics like this may cause fear and terror in their part of the world. But Americans have never responded well to threats. And any notion that the rest of the world will sit back and let them build their Caliphate is delusional at best. Especially if you have seen the map they think they are entitled to.

article-2674736-1F46221200000578-100_634

So they want a war vs the West, Russia and China. Yeah, that will work out well. Islam will cease to exist long, long before this map happens.

I think Israel will have something to say about it before the West, Russia and China are all involved. However, don't be surprised if we see boots on the ground before too long. Bombing runs won't root out this cancer alone.

So they want a war vs the West, Russia and China. Yeah, that will work out well. Islam will cease to exist long, long before this map happens.

I think Israel will have something to say about it before the West, Russia and China are all involved. However, don't be surprised if we see boots on the ground before too long. Bombing runs won't root out this cancer alone.

We need European boots on the ground.

• Fire 1

I agree wt that. They are in the direct line of this. However, with the way things work - it may be NATO which implies an unnecessary unbalanced burden on the USA. We also need European air craft etc doing the missions as well.

With the threats ISIS has made at Turkey recently, that would happen. Turkey is trying to become a member of the EU. ISIS, about a week ago, made a threat to take Istanbul if Turkey didnt change how it was controlling water being let through a dam. And one thing is certain, the Turks will not run away from a fight like the Iraqi defense forces did (when they outnumbered ISIS by about 20-1)

lol how does ISIS think they would go about taking Istanbul?

the whole situation over there just makes my head hurt. not good. feel awful for the reporter's family.

Better is how do they think they could ever take Spain? Historically assaults across the Strait of Gibraltar go so well....

Yes. The American public and its military are more than tired of being over there right now. I suspect things will not be allowed to fester long and the world will react decisively and I hope, collectively.