***OFFICIAL 2014 COLLEGE FOOTBALL DISCUSSION THREAD***

GSG

I love underdogs and upsets as much as any. But more than that right now I just want to see the four best teams in the playoffs, which is usually toughest teams to beat. And they tend to be real good on both sides of the ball. I believe that's Alabama Oregon TCU & FSU.

I don't want an easy path for one of the three teams because FSU loses and Ohio St (without Barrett) or Baylor (weakest D of the top 6) sneaks in.

I'm not convinced FSU is better than Ohio State or Baylor. They have my respect for being able to pull out win after win and by winning the NC last year, but they've only had 3 or 4 convincing wins this year. Their best victory is over Clemson. The ND win looked pretty good at the time but they're not even ranked now. They're barely beating crap teams.

If they lose to Georgia Tech it's not because GT got lucky.

Tiebreaker Procedures

Effective June 2014

The following procedure will determine the Big 12 Conference representative to the Sugar Bowl (or alternate College Football Playoff game when the Sugar Bowl is a semifinal) in the event of a first-place or alternate place tie (for the avoidance of doubt, only Conference records will be used throughout the process):

1. If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

Link

dm_141206_ncf_iowastate_tcu.jpg