COPS camerman shot in Omaha

Apparently the suspect and the COPS cameraman have both died.

Word is that all shots fired were by the police and the suspect only had an airsoft gun.

So the cops shot the cameraman?

That's the rumor. Nothing confirmed yet.

(Also, I didn't mean to imply that the shooting appears unjustified. A robbery with what looks to be a real gun would more than justify the shot.)

Apparently the suspect and the COPS cameraman have both died.

Word is that all shots fired were by the police and the suspect only had an airsoft gun.

So the cops shot the cameraman?

That's the rumor. Nothing confirmed yet.

(Also, I didn't mean to imply that the shooting appears unjustified. A robbery with what looks to be a real gun would more than justify the shot.)

I didn't get that implication. I was just surprised the COPS guy was shot by friendly fire.

Pull something that looks like a gun on cops, fire it at them, and you're gonna get put down. And rightly so, good riddance. The only question that remains is how did the sound guy end up getting shot? Three cops involved, I thought I read they actually entered the Wendy's - lots of possibilities there.

Edit - Also sad it wasn't that dumb red haired bitch on the commercials that got capped. Ah well.

Pull something that looks like a gun on cops, fire it at them, and you're gonna get put down. And rightly so, good riddance. The only question that remains is how did the sound guy end up getting shot? Three cops involved, I thought I read they actually entered the Wendy's - lots of possibilities there.

Edit - Also sad it wasn't that dumb red haired bitch on the commercials that got capped. Ah well.

The suspect was running out the door and must have ran past the sound guy and he got hit under his arm, one place the bullet proof vest wasn't protecting.

Lots of major concerns here.

What is causing a red flag for you?

Obviously, it needs to be investigated and let the real story come out.

But, from what I know, the cop noticed the store being robbed by someone with (what appeared at the time) a real gun.

You didnt quote my whole post... my concern is not that the cops shot at the suspect but that the guy who was with the cops was shot... Cross fire or was he in the wrong spot?

The suspect was running out the door and must have ran past the sound guy and he got hit under his arm, one place the bullet proof vest wasn't protecting.

If you get hit in the side like that it's pretty much game over. I had a friend that was killed that way in Iraq. We only has SAPI plates on the front and back of our flak jackets at that point. The next tour we were given attachments that fit onto the sides of of flaks that held smaller SAPI plates. More weight in exchange for added protection is something I would take every time if offered.

If you get hit in the side like that it's pretty much game over. I had a friend that was killed that way in Iraq. We only has SAPI plates on the front and back of our flak jackets at that point. The next tour we were given attachments that fit onto the sides of of flaks that held smaller SAPI plates. More weight in exchange for added protection is something I would take every time if offered.

Yep, that's a bad shot to take, lots of cops and military personal get killed that way. It's hard to explain, but I teach our officers to hold their weapon in a way that basically has their elbows covering that spot from the front of them. Now if they take a shot from the side while they are engaging from the front, nothing can be done there unfortunately. I don't think they let the general public see it, but there is a video of a South Carolina Trooper, Trooper Coates, that was a former Marine, 6'4" 240 lbs, and in great shape. Fights a fat suspect and shoots the guy 5 or 6 times center mass with a .38. The guy fired one shot with a .22 pistol. The round went in through Trooper Coates armpit and hit his aorta. 30 seconds later Trooper Coates was dead. The suspect didn't die because he was so fat the rounds didn't penetrate his vital organs. Bad deal.............

On a good note out of all of this, hats off to the Chief of Omaha PD and how he's handling this situation. Impressed with the professionalism I'm seeing from him. COPS has another crew here in the Des Moines Metro Area that have been filming for most of the summer with Des Moines PD. The Des Moines officers are taking this pretty hard because they are impressed with the COPS crew and how they've worked with them all summer.

• Fire 1

Sad deal to hear what happened in Omaha.

The story I'm being told by a few people. Is that supposedly the cops entered the building on both sides. The suspect was in the middle. Apparently heard a shot and caused the officers to shoot. Which lead to the sound man being hit as well. Now to my knowledge that info isn't coming from any eye witnesses. So take it with a grain of salt.