Best statistic from yesterday

No turn overs. That's right. NONE! IIRC, 99 plays from scrimmage and the only fumble was the PR.

According to one website we have gone 27 straight games with a TO. Didn't verify so might be false, but for 3 years we led the nation in fumbles so seems pretty accurate.

To show how good this is to have had none. Last year, 31% of our opponents points game off of TO's. Take away that 31% and that equals another win or two.

If we can continue to stay even or n the positive side of TO's, we have a great chance to have a really, really good season IMO.

• Fire 2

No turn overs. That's right. NONE! IIRC, 99 plays from scrimmage and the only fumble was the PR.

According to one website we have gone 27 straight games with a TO. Didn't verify so might be false, but for 3 years we led the nation in fumbles so seems pretty accurate.

To show how good this is to have had none. Last year, 31% of our opponents points game off of TO's. Take away that 31% and that equals another win or two.

If we can continue to stay even or n the positive side of TO's, we have a great chance to have a really, really good season IMO.

A lot of great stats from yesterday, but you're right, this is probably the most important. Though I'd like to see us creating some turnovers on defense.

• Fire 2

Haha the football thing, it will be interesting to see if that does play a factor in our TO numbers this year. But shhhh there are people that will never belief a football could cause handling issues.

In all the excitement of the game, I completely forgot the new rifle balls. It will be interesting to see if they make a difference. Great point.

Haha the football thing, it will be interesting to see if that does play a factor in our TO numbers this year. But shhhh there are people that will never belief a football could cause handling issues.

In all the excitement of the game, I completely forgot the new rifle balls. It will be interesting to see if they make a difference. Great point.

Also, the information gleaned from the tracking devices in the balls, and if any of it will be released to the public/media. I really like the whole idea of the new ball, as long as it continues to help the team break offensive records.

Add in there only 1 penalty after the 5 in the first quarter. If those two trends - -reduce penalties and turn overs --- continues, it will be a huge benefit.

So we're officially in love with pimpled balls?

I hope they work, but we still muffed a punt and FAU dropped some INTS.

The punt would be us receiving their ball kicked to us, so I doubt it was the same kind as ours, and was probably a beat up punters ball that is more soccer ball than football.

A lot of great stats from yesterday, but you're right, this is probably the most important. Though I'd like to see us creating some turnovers on defense.

I was watching for improvement in

• Turnovers
  • Turnovers created
  • Penalties
  • Special teams

I was very happy with no turnovers. I was also happy with penalties. The early penalties seemed a little picky, and were from aggressiveness, not stupidity. After they adjusted to the refs, I think there was only a single penalty the rest of the way. I would like to see the D knock some balls loose and get some picks; that was my favorite part of Bo's 2003 D. Kick returns and kick coverage, ug.