Ameer for Heisman

Mavric

I'm sure with bowl and national championship shirts you'd have to use the name of the bowl, the name of the school, etc. My shirt uses nothing associated with UNL other than the color red and the name Ameer (which, in theory, could be any Ameer).

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen a Fear Ameer shirt in Lincoln? I live in Omaha.

EDIT: I see my original post has been removed, understandably. Just thought I'd try to get the word out.

@JoshHarveyScout: Cobb has 10+ carries, 25 less yards, and 3 less TDs than @Ameerguapo, who could have run for 300, but Gopher fans mad about B1G POW #Huskers

You mad, bro?

we also played a better team.

I can see their argument, though. They beat Michigan for only the second time in 20+ years. And they did it with Cobb carrying them. In the Big House. Not saying he should have won but the argument could be made.

@JoshHarveyScout: Cobb has 10+ carries, 25 less yards, and 3 less TDs than @Ameerguapo, who could have run for 300, but Gopher fans mad about B1G POW #Huskers

You mad, bro?

I can see their argument, though. They beat Michigan for only the second time in 20+ years. And they did it with Cobb carrying them. In the Big House. Not saying he should have won but the argument could be made.

i agree. if i was a minny fan, i would be upset. and there have been times when a husker was not chosen for similar accolades and i was upset even though the other player was probably deserving.

i just wanted to poke fun at michigan.

You mad, bro?

Ameer did this in one half (plus one play) of football. I can't say Cobb outperformed Ameer in any phase.

• Fire 1

Ameer is now 9/1 odds for winning the Heisman. Only behind Mariota (at 7/4) and Gurley (at 7/2). Comparing Mariota to Ameer may be a bit of apples to oranges given they play to distinct positions, but we can look at Ameer vs Gurley.

Ameer is the #1 rusher. Ameer has 114 rushes for 833 yds (7.3 ypa, 166.6 ypg) and 8 TDs. Ameer has 5 receptions for 108 yds (21.6 ypa) and 2 TDs. Ameer is responsible for 12 ppg. Ameer has the second most total offensive yards of any college player, if you exclude QBs who obviously have an advantage in generating offense (#110 overall if you include QBs).

Gurley is the #8 rusher. Gurley has 69 rushes for 610 yes (8.8 ypa, 152.5 ypg) and 6 TDs. Gurley has 9 receptions for 29 yds (3.2 ypa) and no scores. Gurley is responsible for 10.5 ppg. Gurley is not ranked in the Top 200 Total Offense category.

With the exception of rushing yards per attempt, Ameer has Gurley beat in all statistical facets. As far as the Eye-test, I got to give it to Ameer as a solid all-around back, without exceptions, while Gurley can do a lot but is still a power back with limits to his game.

You mad, bro?

Ameer did this in one half (plus one play) of football. I can't say Cobb outperformed Ameer in any phase.

I didn't say that Cobb outperformed anyone. I just said that Cobb put a team on his back and went on the road in a hostile environment and beat Michigan for only the 3rd time in almost 30 years. The argument is valid. I'm not saying he should have won.