Ameer for Heisman

Mavric

At the point we're at in the sporting world, and with a lingering bad taste around Jameis Winston, it sure doesn't hurt that Ameer Abdullah has exuded high character at every opportunity.

i agree. it would be a nice change of pace. a senior that had demonstrated incredible character. he certainly deserves it. just the truest embodiment of what you want in a student athlete. could have gone to the league, stayed around for the degree.

but i do think it is mariotta's to lose. another qb. they just put up such high numbers.

Mariotta's pretty damned good. Gurley's no slouch.

Ameer's chances are far better than I imagined coming into the season. I thought Husker fans were just talking to themselves, but the dude is all over the place right now.

Last week was all about his 58 yard game saving play. As it should be. But I really dug that they put him back for a kickoff return in the fourth quarter, and Ameer immediately delivered.

More of that, please.

• Fire 1

Kevin McGuire @KevinOnCFB · 14m

Thought #Nebraska sent me a deck of playing cards, but it turned out to be eight double A batteries. #FearAmeer http://twitpic.com/ebl3y5

Nebraska Huskers @Huskers 1m

@KevinOnCFB: @Huskers Thanks! They will get used, and I assume they’ll keep going and going and going… “ #FearAmeer

BxWCtryIYAEZknF.png

Brian Bennett @BennettESPN 3m

Nebraska has sent out this pack of double-A batteries to promote Ameer Abdullah. Pretty cool.

BxWKQ2LIQAAwlgg.jpg

Abdullah's Heisman campaign gets charge

That's right, the Huskers are promoting senior running back Ameer Abdullah by sending out AA batteries (labeled AA8, for Abdullah's initials and uniform number) to media members. As it says on the back of the package, "Like the batteries that power our many devices, Abdullah's reliable productivity often goes underappreciated." The box also contains a warning label with the following cautions:

"1) Performances can cause shock to opposing defenders. 2) Abdullah has been known to spark his team to victory. 3) Prolonged exposure could cause an explosion on the national scene. 4) Continued use will likely result in touchdowns."

• Fire 2