Ameer for Heisman

Mavric

Considering Fresno State allows 5.09 yards per rush and Florida Atlantic allows 6.8 yards per rush, AA's and the OL stats might be a bit skewed. In fact, Fresno State thus far has the worst rated defense in D1. I don't know how you'd compare McNeese State's defensive performance in there considering they are FCA, but AA didn't have great rushing stats in the game. AA is a great player, but our OL is not a great group. They couldn't even push around a FCA defense. Armstrong is going to have to light up the place with his passing in order for AA to have Heisman type numbers now that we get into the teeth of the schedule.

As it says in the article - and is noticeable since Bishop Sankey is now in the NFL - the stats are from the start of last season.

• Fire 2

Considering Fresno State allows 5.09 yards per rush and Florida Atlantic allows 6.8 yards per rush, AA's and the OL stats might be a bit skewed. In fact, Fresno State thus far has the worst rated defense in D1.

You realize that part of the reason their defensive statistics are so bad is because they played us and we ran like crazy over them, right?

Against Fresno State, we put up the fewest rushing yards of the three teams they have played this year.

• Fire 1

Considering Fresno State allows 5.09 yards per rush and Florida Atlantic allows 6.8 yards per rush, AA's and the OL stats might be a bit skewed. In fact, Fresno State thus far has the worst rated defense in D1.

You realize that part of the reason their defensive statistics are so bad is because they played us and we ran like crazy over them, right?

Against Fresno State, we put up the fewest rushing yards of the three teams they have played this year.

But we had by far the highest yards per attempt, which I believe is the statistic you referenced.

But we had by far the highest yards per attempt, which I believe is the statistic you referenced.

USC-277 yards rushing

Utah-258 yards rushing

Nebraska-280 yards rushing

He's wrong either way.

• Fire 1

Teams were loading the box to stop Ameer and taking big time chances with run blitzes. That's why you saw so many big plays on our part. Going forward you'll see defenses not taking as many chances thus fewer big plays. In turn you'll hear how much better our oline has gotten when in reality teams aren't going to load the box with 8 or 9 and the oline will be more successful. Ameer will get his 100. The olines not as bad as it's looked at times this season., they were just overloaded. Miami, and our big 10 foes will be playing us more straight up Tommy has proved he can hurt you enough with the deep ball they will have to play a little more honest or risk being quickly in a hole they can't climb back out of.

• Fire 1

USC-277 yards rushing

Utah-258 yards rushing

Nebraska-280 yards rushing

He's wrong either way.

Big plays in the passing game and special teams tempered a bigger rushing night.

Teams were loading the box to stop Ameer and taking big time chances with run blitzes. That's why you saw so many big plays on our part. Going forward you'll see defenses not taking as many chances thus fewer big plays. In turn you'll hear how much better our oline has gotten when in reality teams aren't going to load the box with 8 or 9 and the oline will be more successful. Ameer will get his 100. The olines not as bad as it's looked at times this season., they were just overloaded. Miami, and our big 10 foes will be playing us more straight up Tommy has proved he can hurt you enough with the deep ball they will have to play a little more honest or risk being quickly in a hole they can't climb back out of.

While I want to agree with this, what makes me nervous is the DB's of the likes of Miami, Mich St, and Wisconsin are going to be tons better-both athletically and mentally-than those of FAU, McNeese, and Fresno. It makes me nervous that they'll be able to be much more lockdown in one on one coverage and still be able to sellout on our front. This is why there are some things that need to improve.

While I want to agree with this, what makes me nervous is the DB's of the likes of Miami, Mich St, and Wisconsin are going to be tons better-both athletically and mentally-than those of FAU, McNeese, and Fresno. It makes me nervous that they'll be able to be much more lockdown in one on one coverage and still be able to sellout on our front. This is why there are some things that need to improve.

That is a concern of mine. But, that is with any team that is going up against their first good team.

Right now, we have proven we can beat people with the long ball. We can beat them with the run game. We can beat them with the intermediate passes. Miami is going to have to respect all three of those. I'm more optimistic that way than if we would have simply pounded the first three teams by running it for 400 yards and passing it 10 times for 75.

As the Florida Atlantic band played outside first-year coach Charlie Partridge’s office last week, he joked about his team’s back-to-back losses at Nebraska and Alabama to open the season. “We bought them some new tubas,” Partridge said.

Partridge calls both losses “million-dollar practices,” the amount each team paid the Owls for the games before he got his first career win Saturday in a 50-21 blowout of Tulsa. They also gave him an up-close look at three of the nation’s top running backs in Nebraska’s Ameer Abdullah and Alabama’s T.J. Yeldon and Derrick Henry, a group he ranked for The Inside Read.

1. Abdullah: “He’s got all three, power, make-you-miss ability and speed. All at an extremely high level. He’s a great player.”

2. Yeldon: “He’s powerful and can run fast, but I don’t know that he’s got the make-you-miss near as much.”

3. Henry: “He’s a little quicker and can make you miss. He’s not as explosively a power back.”

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/09/15/dorial-green-beckham-oklahoma-domestic-violence