Ameer for Heisman

Mavric

AA has to know that if we lose this game, his chances are pretty much gone to win the Heisman. That's unfortunate, but it is what it is and historically it seems the Heisman goes to someone who's on an undefeated team or challenging for a National Championship. AA knows the team goals are larger than his goals, achieve the team goals, he'll achieve those personal goals, no question.

AA has to know that if we lose this game, his chances are pretty much gone to win the Heisman. That's unfortunate, but it is what it is and historically it seems the Heisman goes to someone who's on an undefeated team or challenging for a National Championship. AA knows the team goals are larger than his goals, achieve the team goals, he'll achieve those personal goals, no question.

RG3 won it playing at Baylor. So not always.

I think Nebraska could suffer the loss as long as it was close and Ameer played very well he would still be in the conversation.

RG3 won it playing at Baylor. So not always.

I think Nebraska could suffer the loss as long as it was close and Ameer played very well he would still be in the conversation.

That's why I said "it seems" sure it's possible, but AA isn't getting the love that RG3 was getting at this point in the season. The game at MSU is huge, he has to have a big game and we have to win for him to be mentioned in the Top 2 for the Heisman.

RG3 and Tebow both won on 10-3 teams. Don't really remember how it felt for Tebow, but Robert Griffin was a Heisman afterthought for most of the season until the last 3-4 games. It was virtually a luck that Andrew Luck was going to win the Heisman.

• Fire 1

If we beat Michigan State and Ameer runs wild, I think he jumps to the favorite pick.

exactly. Cuz that's what the Heisman race is all about. it's generally a flavor the week discussion. Ameer's and the Oline are on deck folks.

WE NEED TO BE WORRIED ABOUT THOSE MISSISSIPPI QB'S AND PLAYERS AND COOPER AFTER THEIR BIG GAMES.

RG3 and Tebow both won on 10-3 teams. Don't really remember how it felt for Tebow, but Robert Griffin was a Heisman afterthought for most of the season until the last 3-4 games. It was virtually a luck that Andrew Luck was going to win the Heisman.

Reading comprehension isn't strong here apparently, so I'll bold it and capitalize it, "HISTORICALLY IT SEEMS THE HEISMAN GOES TO SOMEONE WHO'S ON AN UNDEFEATED TEAM OR CHALLENGING FOR A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP" I'm not going through each Heisman winner and seeing if their team won the national championship or not. MOST of the time it SEEMS that the Heisman winner is either on a national championship team or competed for one in the game. I never said it wasn't possible for him to win the Heisman if we lose, I said his chances are "pretty much gone" if we do lose. We'll fall way down the polls if we lose which hurts his chances. Just a few minutes ago the national poll showed up on ESPN asking what non-QB Heisman candidate has the chance to win the Heisman. 48 states said Gurley, that shows you how much the "nation" is talking about Ameer. Which is unfortunate, I don't think Mariota deserves it...........

If we beat Michigan State and Ameer runs wild, I think he jumps to the favorite pick.

exactly. Cuz that's what the Heisman race is all about. it's generally a flavor the week discussion. Ameer's and the Oline are on deck folks.

WE NEED TO BE WORRIED ABOUT THOSE MISSISSIPPI QB'S AND PLAYERS AND COOPER AFTER THEIR BIG GAMES.

AND TEBOW.......ALWAYS GOTTA WATCH OUT FOR THAT GUY!

Reading comprehension isn't strong here apparently, so I'll bold it and capitalize it, "HISTORICALLY IT SEEMS THE HEISMAN GOES TO SOMEONE WHO'S ON AN UNDEFEATED TEAM OR CHALLENGING FOR A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP" I'm not going through each Heisman winner and seeing if their team won the national championship or not. MOST of the time it SEEMS that the Heisman winner is either on a national championship team or competed for one in the game. I never said it wasn't possible for him to win the Heisman if we lose, I said his chances are "pretty much gone" if we do lose. We'll fall way down the polls if we lose which hurts his chances. Just a few minutes ago the national poll showed up on ESPN asking what non-QB Heisman candidate has the chance to win the Heisman. 48 states said Gurley, that shows you how much the "nation" is talking about Ameer. Which is unfortunate, I don't think Mariota deserves it...........

Calm down friend. I was expounding on what you said, not disagreeing with it, although including the word 'usually' in your sentence would have made it much easier.

Usually, yes, the Heisman winner is on a team in the mix for the championship. But plenty of exceptions have occurred.

1985 - Bo Jackson - Auburn was 8-4 and unranked

1987 - Tim Brown - Notre Dame was 8-4 and unranked

1989 - Andre Ware - Houston was on probation and went 9-2

1990 - Ty Detmer - BYU was 10-3 and ended #22

1995 - Eddie George - OSU was 11-2

1998 - Ricky Williams - Texas went 9-3 and was #16

2007 - Tim Tebow - Florida went 9-4 at #16

2011 - RGIII - Baylor was 10-3

• Fire 2

Ameer is similar to Ka'Deem Carey IMO. Comparable in size, though Carey has a slightly bigger frame (5'10 205), but they both run hard and determined without the size and blazing top end speed. If anyone / whenever has 6 minutes, just imagine an #8 on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K35uRZccJvQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=K35uRZccJvQ

He is a rookie backup with the Bears behind Matt Forte and is starting to get some plays. With Forte having a thing for injuries and his best days behind him, Carey will be primed to take over. Ameer could/should have that similar chance too regardless of Heisman.

• Fire 1

Calm down friend. I was expounding on what you said, not disagreeing with it, although including the word 'usually' in your sentence would have made it much easier.

Usually, yes, the Heisman winner is on a team in the mix for the championship. But plenty of exceptions have occurred.

1985 - Bo Jackson - Auburn was 8-4 and unranked

1987 - Tim Brown - Notre Dame was 8-4 and unranked

1989 - Andre Ware - Houston was on probation and went 9-2

1990 - Ty Detmer - BYU was 10-3 and ended #22

1995 - Eddie George - OSU was 11-2

1998 - Ricky Williams - Texas went 9-3 and was #16

2007 - Tim Tebow - Florida went 9-4 at #16

2011 - RGIII - Baylor was 10-3

Gotcha, I think it's sad and funny at the same time that AA isn't being mentioned more than he is. It's a shame, but a huge game on Saturday will do a lot to put a end to that. He's hampered by the perception towards Nebraska and the nation just waiting for us to trip up somewhere and not believing that we're capable of winning our games. I hope we prove them wrong, it's time to do that.