Tim Beck comments from the Big Red Breakfast

knapplc

And as far as the qb rotation goes, I guess i'm one that never understood the point other than giving our 5th year, walkon senior a chance over the freshman. And i'm not gettin into this "Kellogg saved northwestern game" cuz Tommy coulda made that throw just as easily as Ron did. I just never really saw anything that suggested there was something that Ron offered that Tommy couldnt do. If anything, I thought it hampered us a little cuz the qb run game was all but eliminated and the key on Ameer went through the roof. I think Tommy knowing it's his from go this year has also been a major instrument of motivation through the offseason. It's a totally different mindset when you go into a season #1 as opposed to #2.

Kellogg had earned it, and he did offer up things that Tommy couldn't.

Forget the hail mary throw - what about the laser to Quincy that would have set up the field goal that Quincy dropped? What about the 4th and 15 to Ameer? That entire drive was all on Ron Kellogg when Tommy had thrown three interceptions and hardly done anything all game.

Whether that was his knee or being a freshman or what nobody knows, but Ron threw the ball better, with more accuracy, and a much better touchdown/interception ratio.

That was all Ameer, man. No doubt about it. Catches an off the mark pass, makes a guy miss, and then runs through another defender and stretches for the first. All to keep the game alive. Any QB could have made that dunk pass, but Ameer made the play. To say that entire drive was all Kellogg is laughable.

Ameer was his third progression after scrambling around for six seconds. Forgive me if I don't think Tommy would have had the mental ability to get to the point of Ameer even having the ball in his hands in the first place.

What were you saying about Tommy checking down to Ameer?

What was I saying about the Northwestern game 10 months ago? That I didn't think Tommy would have been able to make that play.

What does that have to do with today? Literally nothing, 10 months later with Ameer as his first, maybe second target. Good grief man. Your passion to convince yourself that I hate the guy is far greater than my passion for just about anything besides showing you how consistently hypocritical and selective your posts are.

What was I saying about the Northwestern game 10 months ago? That I didn't think Tommy would have been able to make that play.

What does that have to do with today? Literally nothing, 10 months later with Ameer as his first, maybe second target. Good grief man. Your passion to convince yourself that I hate the guy is far greater than my passion for just about anything besides showing you how consistently hypocritical and selective your posts are.

Oh, I just found it hilarious. That's all. I love the hypocritical and selective line coming from you....that's awesome.

Tommy eschewed a wide-open Ameer play after play today, instead throwing into coverage, or sailing passes long. This was not a good performance for Armstrong. He needs to clean up his decision-making in the passing game, and if he can't, put Fyfe in. I don't care if Fyfe can't run like Armstrong, we don't need the QB to spearhead this rushing attack with guys like Abdullah, Cross & Newby.

• Fire 3

Oh, I just found it hilarious. That's all. I love the hypocritical and selective line coming from you....that's awesome.

It's not hypocritical man. I made a comment about what I thought Tommy was capable of in the worst game of his career a year ago that has literally zero to do with right now.

Pretty much the only single thing I have said about Tommy's play so far this year is that I've seen him make some great throws and follow them up with poor ones. Sitting at the bar today, as soon as the final play was over, I thought "I bet anything I'll get on the board and True will be all over Tommy Armstrong's wiener because of that play ignoring the rest of the game."

As knapp said, Tommy missed Ameer in the flats all damn day. He threw about 5-6 balls that would have been intercepted against top defenses. He threw a handful of ill-advised bombs on 3rd and long.

He also had some fantastic throws, he ran the ball at an extremely high level, the touchdown to Jordan and then the miraculous catch he threw to Jordan that got called back were all amazing plays, and the final pass to Ameer was executed well but also a throw that I would expect any starting BCS quarterback to be able to complete. He started the game great, and really stunk up the second half for the most part.

The boner you get for Tommy is so damn strange considering the entirety of what he's put on the field thus far.

• Fire 1

It's not hypocritical man. I made a comment about what I thought Tommy was capable of in the worst game of his career a year ago that has literally zero to do with right now.

Pretty much the only single thing I have said about Tommy's play so far this year is that I've seen him make some great throws and follow them up with poor ones. Sitting at the bar today, as soon as the final play was over, I thought "I bet anything I'll get on the board and True will be all over Tommy Armstrong's wiener because of that play ignoring the rest of the game."

As knapp said, Tommy missed Ameer in the flats all damn day. He threw about 5-6 balls that would have been intercepted against top defenses. He threw a handful of ill-advised bombs on 3rd and long.

He also had some fantastic throws, he ran the ball at an extremely high level, the touchdown to Jordan and then the miraculous catch he threw to Jordan that got called back were all amazing plays, and the final pass to Ameer was executed well but also a throw that I would expect any starting BCS quarterback to be able to complete. He started the game great, and really stunk up the second half for the most part.

The boner you get for Tommy is so damn strange considering the entirety of what he's put on the field thus far.

A throw that I would expect any BCS QB to make. That's right. Man I've been waiting a long time for throws like that. Thanks bud.

Tommy eschewed a wide-open Ameer play after play today, instead throwing into coverage, or sailing passes long. This was not a good performance for Armstrong. He needs to clean up his decision-making in the passing game, and if he can't, put Fyfe in. I don't care if Fyfe can't run like Armstrong, we don't need the QB to spearhead this rushing attack with guys like Abdullah, Cross & Newby.

To play devil's advocate, TA had 131 yards rushing with an 11.9 ypc.

• Fire 2

To be fair he was also responsible for a 9 point flip.

To be fair he was also responsible for a 9 point flip.

True, I was pointing out that TA had a good day running the ball.