***Official McNeese Game State Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Ok Beck, you've shown you can be cute and that we can throw the ball. Howabout next drive we try a soul crushing run it down their throat type of drive. Start breaking their will and imposing our will, then get cute.

Because they're loaded up against the run and not playing anyone at safety. That's why we've gone backwards on a couple runs.

Shhh. You know reason doesn't matter in these gameday threads.

I understand they're loading the box against the run. That opening 4th and one play call is just still bothering me. I'll get over it as long as we keep moving the chains.

That was Beck trying to out think himself. We'll hear about it in the presser. I over thought, didn't go with what I know....

END OF THE 1st QUARTER:

Things I Liked

• It is so refreshing to have a starting QB with solid quarterback mechanics, who can really sling the football.
  • The individual & team tackling as a whole these first two games have been drastically improved since last season.
  • Jordan Westerkamp is only going to get better folks.

Things I Didn't Like:

• Tim Beck goes spread on 4th&1?? I really wish in these situations we would just line up under center and trust our linemen to beat an FCS defense for 1 yard.

Things I Would Like To See In The Second Quarter:

• Start getting the counter run game going, that will begin to suck the safeties down closer to the line of scrimmage.
  • Look for Nebraska to attack McNeese State with either the slot receiver or tight end down the seems.