wilber24

I think - from what I've seen - that it's probably more accurate to say his decision making is slow. Doesn't make his play any better - although he is our third-leading tackler - but it's a lot easier to correct that than being foot-slow. Hopefully it's still part of him needing the game to "slow down" for him.

Kinda like his decision making on whether to steal bikes or not and then whether or not to be "cute" by saying he'll be a good boy from now on. I'm guessing in high school he was fast enough that he could go the wrong direction and then make up for it with his speed.

He over commits on quite a few plays and his first step is often in the wrong direction usually because it appears he is not always focusing purely on his responsibility. We hear a lot of this talk about guys trying to do too much. He's also put in man coverage quite a bit though. That's a tough spot all game long. We need more zone and zone blitzes.

Our linebackers came crashing right into opposing blockers quite a bit. That baffles me. I mean that literally too. The opponent didn't seek us out to try to make a block, we LITERALLY ran right down into them and then became blocked out of the play. If you slow it down and watch, it actually looks really stupid, but we are doing it. I can't imagine this is how it's supposed to work.

This is something Ive noticed as well. A play that stands out was a little swing pass that FAU ran. Santos had one blocker between him and the RB and instead of trying to run around the blocker or "juke" him in any way, he ran right into him and of course didnt make a play. Anderson had the exact same opportunity at some point, but he didnt engage the blocker and was able to trip up the RB for a much shorter gain.

• 2 weeks later...

very exposed tonite!! Not able to cover the wheel route is one thing, but not being able to tackle, please!!!

Roach at least can tackle, not so good on pass coverage, but I thought did a better job!

Once again, of all the players that got hurt before the season started, we miss Rose the most!

Wonder if Love could step in, if things get worse!

Rose is def missed. Roach needs way more PT or starting time. I don't see why Love can't at least get on the field.

This year I would settle for just some good consistent tackling at this position. Pass coverage, we are going to have to live with or maybe move Anderson inside!

Sorry, Anderson is not the answer as he missed a bunch tackles last night also. Rose was a big loss and I agree about giving Love some snaps.

I thought Santos had a pretty solid game. Haven't seen the DVR replay though. From what I read from the post interviews in the local papers the staff liked what Roach did for the most part. Bando was called out on his playmaking as well. I'm sure the staff sees the obvious issues . I wouldn't be surprised that Roach sees more playing time now. That is a good thing as players usually step up their game when they lose playing time. I hope Love gets some reps at LB against Illinois as well. If our heads are screwed on straight, we should roll next week and get some of our other guys quality reps.