wilber24

Remember when people were saying how fast he was because of his track running abilities?

Yeah. Those were the days.

He seems fast enough to me, he's just a step behind because his eyes aren't in the right place. Tackling is another story though.

Yea, but atleast tackling is a new issue. We've never had trouble with tackling in recent history.

It's....whats the word? Fixable. It's all fixable. Six or seven years from now I imagine we will begin to improve in tackling.

Remember when people were saying how fast he was because of his track running abilities?

He seems fast enough to me, he's just a step behind because his eyes aren't in the right place. Tackling is another story though.

Yea, but atleast tackling is a new issue. We've never had trouble with tackling in recent history.

It's....whats the word? Fixable. It's all fixable. Six or seven years from now I imagine we will begin to improve in tackling.

Yeah, the being out of place/eyes thing is pretty systemic at this point. If things don't shape up this season me thinks somebody should probably be looking for a new job.

Yeah, the being out of place/eyes thing is pretty systemic at this point. If things don't shape up this season me thinks somebody should probably be looking for a new job.

Yea, but along with the fundamental thing such as tackling, we've also never talked about the defenses eyes being in the wrong place. This is all new issues just now arising. Give the coaches a good ten or fifteen years, you'll start seeing improvement. This taking lesser teams lightly thing, also never seen that before here. I'm sure it won't ever happen again.

Boy, they really got you on the ledge this week didn't they?

This week? Lol. Been one of those seven year weeks I guess.

I'm still hanging in there, but I'm not impressed and I get the feeling a lot of the offseason talk from he's coaches was a lot of smoke up our asses.

Tempered expectations are so much easier on a man, unless you're tied with an FCS school on 3rd and 6 with 0:43 left in the game.

Boy, they really got you on the ledge this week didn't they?

This week? Lol. Been one of those seven year weeks I guess.

I'm still hanging in there, but I'm not impressed and I get the feeling a lot of the offseason talk from he's coaches was a lot of smoke up our asses.

Tempered expectations are so much easier on a man, unless you're tied with an FCS school on 3rd and 6 with 0:43 left in the game.

I'm the king of tempered expectations, until about one week before kickoff then I blow it. I'm working on it. I'm hoping to not give a damn in the next season or two.

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/practice-report-sept-tim-beck-looks-for-answers-to-nd/article_4fd3a6f2-387a-11e4-8219-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

Linebacker Josh Banderas talked for the first time this season. The Lincoln Southwest sophomore was arrested in May for allegedly stealing several bicycles from a University of Nebraska-Lincoln bike rack; Banderas accepted pre-trial diversion on the theft charge.

"I learned to keep my nose clean and be a good boy," Banderas said.

What a douche answer.

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/practice-report-sept-tim-beck-looks-for-answers-to-nd/article_4fd3a6f2-387a-11e4-8219-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

Linebacker Josh Banderas talked for the first time this season. The Lincoln Southwest sophomore was arrested in May for allegedly stealing several bicycles from a University of Nebraska-Lincoln bike rack; Banderas accepted pre-trial diversion on the theft charge.

What a douche answer.

Agreed... I cringed.

What a douche answer.

Agreed... I cringed.

Why? I see no video of the interview. Why jump to the assumption he was being sarcastic or had an attitude?

After watching most of the game again, I think many may be mistaking Bando being "slow" for him being "behind." That is, I think we see him toward the end of the play as he is chasing and think it's because he's slow. Pretty much every play I've seen, the main issue is he's not moving the right direction fast enough. When he's trying to cover a back out of the backfield, he slides over in front of the back but then he's basically standing there as the back is running full speed and by the time Bando starts running he's well behind. Once he gets going he's at least as fast as their RBs and QB and is closing the gap but he started out too far behind. Also, there was a running play that went away from him where he had to get through some traffic before he could get going but most people probably saw him have to dive to try to make the tackle which didn't work.

I think - from what I've seen - that it's probably more accurate to say his decision making is slow. Doesn't make his play any better - although he is our third-leading tackler - but it's a lot easier to correct that than being foot-slow. Hopefully it's still part of him needing the game to "slow down" for him.

• Fire 2

He over commits on quite a few plays and his first step is often in the wrong direction usually because it appears he is not always focusing purely on his responsibility. We hear a lot of this talk about guys trying to do too much. He's also put in man coverage quite a bit though. That's a tough spot all game long. We need more zone and zone blitzes.

Our linebackers came crashing right into opposing blockers quite a bit. That baffles me. I mean that literally too. The opponent didn't seek us out to try to make a block, we LITERALLY ran right down into them and then became blocked out of the play. If you slow it down and watch, it actually looks really stupid, but we are doing it. I can't imagine this is how it's supposed to work.