Things Could Be Worse . . .

Think Texas or Michigan stick with our staff for 7 years? I don't. How about other elite programs? Oklahoma? Florida State? USC? Ohio State? Bama? LSU etc etc.

I prefer we are put on that level and that we as a fanbase hold the program to these standards. If we do not no one else will.

Hadley's back where you been since November?

This was a poorly played game on NU part, but give mcst some credit.

This is a great example of not putting a team away and letting them hang around.

At 14-7 NU goes up 21-7 instead of throwing a pick 6 the game is most likely over and rout is on. Games and momentum can really hinge on one or two plays. If all you have ever done is watched football and never played or coached it is hard to understand.

I am not giving the team a pass. Beck called a bad game, he treated it like a scrimmage and was trying to work on things.

But, some of you guys got to let it go. If at the end of the season NU sits at 7-5 or worse, by all means fire BP. But they got at least 10 more games. Let it play out.

How would you like to be Texas, getting beat down at home by BYU 42-7?

Or how about Florida State win another mediocre game against a weak opponent?

Mighty UCLA is only up one score on Memphis.

We're not the only team with problems. I think Texas has it worse: they have a brand new coach and get destroyed at home by unranked BYU.

Let me start by saying this OP is completely accurate. However, how would I like to be FSU right now? I would like that a lot...

Funny how this is the, "Things could be worse" thread...

Think Texas or Michigan stick with our staff for 7 years? I don't. How about other elite programs? Oklahoma? Florida State? USC? Ohio State? Bama? LSU etc etc.

I prefer we are put on that level and that we as a fanbase hold the program to these standards. If we do not no one else will.

they just got worse...

• Fire 2

We're not the only team with problems. I think Texas has it worse: they have a brand new coach and get destroyed at home by unranked BYU.

Saw a texas fan the other day, asked him while wearing my UN shirt, hey how much did you guys beat BYU by? He just smiled...

This was a trap game from the get go. We crushed FAU, we look past the little team to Fresno state and bAm we are in a fight for the game. We won, we play next week, and we are still undefeated, that's all that matters.

i call bullsh#t.........we used this excuse for piss poor play last year against patsies.....we play down to the level of competition almost always......we are not that good....and damn sure poorly coached, even Pelini admits that.

Saw a texas fan the other day, asked him while wearing my UN shirt, hey how much did you guys beat BYU by? He just smiled...

Texas has a new coach, we have had Pelini for 7 years........big difference.

Texas has a new coach, we have had Pelini for 7 years........big difference.

Yeah ok, so how would this board be if we just got rocked by BYU if we had a new coach this year. Ya know, like everyone wanted after Iowa last year. The epic thread that would be the fire Coach Brand New Hope Guy, he isn't who I wanted anyways.

This was a trap game from the get go. We crushed FAU, we look past the little team to Fresno state and bAm we are in a fight for the game. We won, we play next week, and we are still undefeated, that's all that matters.

i call bullsh#t.........we used this excuse for piss poor play last year against patsies.....we play down to the level of competition almost always......we are not that good....and damn sure poorly coached, even Pelini admits that.

You can call it whatever you want. But we also beat Georgia last year after the piss poor games against patsies. We have 2 games so far. One we rolled and everyone was in shock how well the game went, then we walk into a trap game unprepared as a team and make mistakes that make the game closer than it should have been. Had just the pick six been a td we are talking about a completely different game. You will continue to find any excuse to cut down the team and the coaching staff, but at the end of the day and the season his coaching credentials are among the best out there. He wasn't handed a Ferrari like TO or Solich, but instead a mustang with a blown gasket and bad brakes. The amount of positives he brings to the the program far outweigh the negatives. Give me an example of another coach who dealt with what Pelini has and produced better results?