I saw ott twice. I guess in my opinion he came off as aaron rodriguez. It teally didnt shock me he didnt get an offer. Im aurprised he got one from a place like iowa. Size aside, his skill to me suggested unk or chadron st type of player. Just my opinion.

Now sure with the moss issue and gregory havin his knee and seein what otts doin, its easy to say we shoulda got him. But at that time i have no doubt we got the better players. Otts makin the best of it though. Good for him.

In hindsight he's obviously a guy that would be playing now. He wouldn't beat-out Moss, McMullen, or Gregory but he'd have obviously been a better get than Suttles.

Better than Gangwish probably too.

Big word there is probably. Gotta take into account the mindset here. he comes here its his dream. Maybe he gets complacent. Is happy. Doesnt get that offer. Has to "settle" for Iowa instead cuz he doesnt and/or cant walk on. He goes over there with a massive chip on his shoulder. "I'm gonna show them". And he is somewhat. But i still havent seen anything from him (Ball St and Northern Iowa) or from our guys that would make me want to trade at this point.

Unfortunately, this is just something that happens from time to time. The Huskers usually get the top 2-3 in-state guys each year and each year there are another one or two guys who a lot of people think deserved offers but don't get one. But I would guess for every Drew Ott there are probably 6-8 others who don't pan out. Tavarius Bender from Lincoln Southwest was Rivals' highest-rated Nebraska player in that class. He lasted a semester at KState. Mike Shoff was in that class as well. But it was a smaller class and we had two DEs and two OTs so there just wasn't room. There are also some in-state guys the Huskers probably took somewhat of a chance on that they should have passed on. David Sutton doesn't look to be a contributor. Tyler Evans didn't work out. Bronson Marsh probably wasn't a bad pick but didn't help the Huskers.

It's a tough balance to find.

i think it's just another case Mav of folks yearning for how it used to be. But lets face the facts. We simply do not have the head-and-shoulders advantages in strength, conditioning, nutrition, psychology, and *depth* that we did 20 years ago that took average to good players in this state, could put them through a 2-3 year process, and made them elite.