Pierson-El

He probably doesn't have route running down and hot routes memorized, I mean if our more experienced receivers are screwing up routes I doubt DPE would do better at this point.

Ummmm.....how hard is it to run a slant route? How do you not know the basic routes to run when you are playing D1 football?

This isn't JV football anymore. These guys show up on campus ready to play in some circumstances, which is obviously the case with Pierson-El.

All this "he doesn't understand the system" crap is one of my biggest pet peeves about this coaching staff. Simply put your best players on the field, on either offense or defense, simplify the plays for them, and let their athleticism take over.

He probably doesn't have route running down and hot routes memorized, I mean if our more experienced receivers are screwing up routes I doubt DPE would do better at this point.

Ummmm.....how hard is it to run a slant route? How do you not know the basic routes to run when you are playing D1 football?

This isn't JV football anymore. These guys show up on campus ready to play in some circumstances, which is obviously the case with Pierson-El.

All this "he doesn't understand the system" crap is one of my biggest pet peeves about this coaching staff. Simply put your best players on the field, on either offense or defense, simplify the plays for them, and let their athleticism take over.

I think Finbraydullah forgot this....... :sarcasm

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/perfecting-patterns-paramount-to-husker-wideouts/article_d5381ee1-f904-5ffb-92fe-609fd307f541.html?mode=jqm

“There were some route depth issues, there were some bad decisions — taking a pipe route or taking an in route, little things like that — that definitely made a big difference,” Westerkamp said. “Because all that timing, it matters. So there was a lot left out there that we need to correct. And we will. We’ll get back out there this week and we’ll get that fixed, and we’ll get ready for Fresno.”

Pelini noticed the same things. He saw wideouts running routes too shallow or too deep. On some passing calls, there were secondary receivers sprinting too close to the primary target, putting added defenders around the No. 1 target and corrupting the play design.

“Guys were open,” Pelini said. “But when you’re not creating space for the guys that are open, it’s pretty hard for any quarterback to make those throws.”

Routes matter apparently.