Our Team Might Not Be the Best, but our Players OWN ESPN's Best of the Best

Branno

For me personally, I chose Ameer's run because that was with the game on the line. It was pure drive and determination not to be denied. While Westercamp's catch was amazing, likely one of, if not the best I've seen. Much of that was luck. It was a great catch. He had the presence of mind to put his hands behind is back, when most people would have easily given up on the play after it was tipped. But to me, that was 80% luck, the ball had to be in the exact right place, and it was. Just my opinion.

How in the hell does Ameer beat Westerkamp?

Ameer's run was great, but Westerkamps catch was better...

i think the opposite tbh

I understand significance, but pure awesomeness.... I mean he made easily top 3 best catches i have ever seen.

Ameer's run was important but nothing overly outlandish compared to history of football....

Guess i am a lone wolf on this opinion.

Jordans catch had a chance to beat a ton of other plays.. ameers run wont withstand the test of time.

i think the opposite tbh

I understand significance, but pure awesomeness.... I mean he made easily top 3 best catches i have ever seen.

Ameer's run was important but nothing overly outlandish compared to history of football....

Jordans catch had a chance to beat a ton of other plays.. ameers run wont withstand the test of time.

Eh. The only thing not making Ameer's catch one of the best plays in school history is that it came against McNeese State. How often do you see a speed back break five tackles ont he last offensive play of the game to win it?

I know Jordan's catch is awesome and all but again I kind of think the opposite - after a year or two I think people will mostly forget about it.

I agree with you Minnesota. I'm not taking anything away from AA but you see a lot of those type of plays that AA pulled off but you don't see that many catches that Westerkamp made

I voted Westercamp because that was a 1 out of a million catch. With Ameer, I can hear people argue that it was against a McNeese so of course he should have been able to do that. (But I am not taking anything away from Ameer, it was outstanding to say the least).

i think the opposite tbh

Yup, personally love Ameer's play but it won't last as long as Jordan's could.