Nebraska #21 in AP

I really wish they would lock out two teams from one conference from making it into the playoff. It would promote more parity...spread the players around knowing that they don't have to be in the favored sec to have the best shot of playing for the title.

If you aren't the best in your conference or division, how can you be the best in the nation?

That should always be the question you are asked before you decide you need a second team from the same conference.

There are slots reserved for the SEC and others just for the SEC west. The leader of the SECW is guaranteed a top 3 slot unless something really screwy happens. But otherwise voters have made up their mind that the two best SEC teams get top 5 slots and the third one is top ten. So they just swap them out if there are upsets.

I was going to say that if a team in the SEC beat Miami they'd jump like 6 spots, but then we've got Mississippi State going to 14th from NR. These polls are a f'ing joke. So many 1-loss SEC teams ranked in front of undefeated teams.

Just wanted to share a new website that we have developed that gives you insight into how all 60 of the AP Poll Voters are voting. Each week we process all 60 ballots and provide access to them by team or by voter.

Keith Sargeant voted Nebraska as high as #11 while 12 others voters left them off their ballots completely.

You can find the site at: http://www.appollstalker.com/

For Nebraska's Team Specific Page check out http://www.appollstalker.com/football/team/nu2/2014

It's a new site, so please let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions!

Enjoy!

• Fire 1

Nice site! It would be nice to see a list of all voters and where each is from (city, state, paper or other affiliation) on a single page. I'd also like to see some kind of way to show how much regional bias there is, for example voters from SEC states voting SEC teams higher than average as compared to west coach writers and the Pac 12, and so on. Not sure exactly what I'm asking for here but just throwing out an idea.

I'm really high from last night still, I've never been at a game like that before -- wow, it was INTENSE. I looked at the polls today, grumbled about Miss St moving from NR to top 15, grumbled again when I saw the losing LSU still ranked above us, but then faced the truth. We've made our bed, and it's time to lay in it. We've historically lost too many big games, even under TO. If we want to be top 5 where we "should be" - then like knapplc and Moiraine already pointed out -- it's our job to keep winning. Four loss seasons have to stop if we want to be in the top 10.

everything was making sense, then I read the bolded...

Then you re-read the bold-italics....and everything made sense again.