What does this tell us?

Zaimejs

Ameer is #4 on the Heisman watch list I just looked at..........and probably rising after today.

Yet the media rarely mention him! They only talk about the top 3. However, I was excited to see that he won the Capital Bowl Impact Play of the Week last week. His picture was right there when you opened espnu's website. National attention is what we need. WE know that Ameer should win the Heisman-it's the rest of the nation that needs to know. A win against MSU would really help seal the deal.

Ameer is getting tons of national attention and specific raves from every commentator I've seen the last two years. He was all over the highlight bar on ESPN yesterday -- calling out his "monster day" and the voiceover on most every highlight clip features the word "Heisman." AA's climb up the Heisman ladder has actually been pretty swift. Melvin Gordon must be wondering what he has to do to get that kind of love. I read the San Francisco Chronicle and they had two positive mentions of Ameer Abdullah last week, out of the blue for a player nowhere near the local conference. Ameer has also earned a lot of national fame for his conduct, character and backstory. Ameer Abdullah wasn't especially underappreciated last year when he got college football's attention with big numbers, and he entered the year on early Heisman Trophy lists. He's a bigger story this season. Honestly not sure what media you're watching.

• Fire 1

Ameer is #4 on the Heisman watch list I just looked at..........and probably rising after today.

Yet the media rarely mention him! They only talk about the top 3. However, I was excited to see that he won the Capital Bowl Impact Play of the Week last week. His picture was right there when you opened espnu's website. National attention is what we need. WE know that Ameer should win the Heisman-it's the rest of the nation that needs to know. A win against MSU would really help seal the deal.

Ameer is getting tons of national attention and specific raves from every commentator I've seen the last two years. He was all over the highlight bar on ESPN yesterday -- calling out his "monster day" and the voiceover on most every highlight clip features the word "Heisman." AA's climb up the Heisman ladder has actually been pretty swift. Melvin Gordon must be wondering what he has to do to get that kind of love. I read the San Francisco Chronicle and they had two positive mentions of Ameer Abdullah last week, out of the blue for a player nowhere near the local conference. Ameer has also earned a lot of national fame for his conduct, character and backstory. Ameer Abdullah wasn't especially underappreciated last year when he got college football's attention with big numbers, and he entered the year on early Heisman Trophy lists. He's a bigger story this season. Honestly not sure what media you're watching.

Gordon is a product of Wisconsin. Their RBs look good because of volume. Look at Ron Dayne. Heck, even Montee Ball hasn't done a thing in the pros. Even if he is an immensely talented player, most Wiscy RBs get dinged a bit for that. Meanwhile, Ameer has beasted all over Illinois and Miami, singled handedly won us the McNeese game, and has been solid as hell in the other two.

I'm calling it now. I'd be willing to bet all the money I have Ameer outrushes Gordon when we go to Camp Randall. As poor as our run defense has lookked at times, it has shown flashes at others. I've seen Wiscy's defense play. They're just straight bad.

Gordon is a product of Wisconsin. Their RBs look good because of volume. Look at Ron Dayne. Heck, even Montee Ball hasn't done a thing in the pros. Even if he is an immensely talented player, most Wiscy RBs get dinged a bit for that. Meanwhile, Ameer has beasted all over Illinois and Miami, singled handedly won us the McNeese game, and has been solid as hell in the other two.

I'm calling it now. I'd be willing to bet all the money I have Ameer outrushes Gordon when we go to Camp Randall. As poor as our run defense has lookked at times, it has shown flashes at others. I've seen Wiscy's defense play. They're just straight bad.

Just making a different point. The day Ameer rushed for 229 yards on 35 carries and 3 TDs, Melvin Gordon rushed for 253 yards on 13 carries and 5 TDs. The media that day was all about Ameer, and Melvin actually dropped a notch in the Heisman talk.

Just making a different point. The day Ameer rushed for 229 yards on 35 carries and 3 TDs, Melvin Gordon rushed for 253 yards on 13 carries and 5 TDs. The media that day was all about Ameer, and Melvin actually dropped a notch in the Heisman talk.

I think we're on the same page. I think Melvin's a pretty good RB. But Wisconsin churns those out like butter (pun intended), so that's not really that strong of an endorsement. Ameer got all the pub because of the historical significance of the rivalry of NU vs. Miami, as well as the dramatic game itself. Gordon put up his numbers versus Bowling Green.

Ameer has gone for 437 and 5 TDs in both of the Power 5 teams he's played. In his game against LSU, Gordon put up 160 and a TD. That's still good work, but not what Ameer has done. Now, LSU is probably the best D of all three opponents and Wiscy was decided one dimensional because McEvoy couldn't throw... but I still tend to think being at Wiscy inflates a RBs stats. I always take em with a grain of salt.

Kind of a long winded way of saying it, but against the competition they've faced and considering the offenses they've run, there's no comparison. Ameer is considered above Gordon at this point in time, as he should be.

If the Heisman were really what it claims to be (most valuable player) then Tevin Coleman would be a frontrunner over either of them.

MVP the Heisman is not. It is given to the "outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity." That last part makes you wonder when awarding to Jameis, Cam, and Reggie.

Ameer is considered above Gordon at this point in time, as he should be.

Right. Gordon entered the year as the premiere RB candidate for Heisman, and Ameer jumped him. Even with Gordon getting his numbers.

Just saying Ameer has everyone's attention now. National media is on board. Didn't see the BTN clip, but they've been churning out Abdullah love on a weekly basis.

Randy Gregory gets a lot of attention and respect himself.

Nebraska is far from overlooked this year. We just need to pay it all off.

Ameer is considered above Gordon at this point in time, as he should be.

Right. Gordon entered the year as the premiere RB candidate for Heisman, and Ameer jumped him. Even with Gordon getting his numbers.

Just saying Ameer has everyone's attention now. National media is on board. Didn't see the BTN clip, but they've been churning out Abdullah love on a weekly basis.

Randy Gregory gets a lot of attention and respect himself.

Nebraska is far from overlooked this year. We just need to pay it all off.

You're right. We're starting to get the national acclaim. That is great for Ameer and Randy as far as their chances to take home some hardware and boost their draft stock.

Now, let's just hope Bo can keep them grounded. We've seen his teams buy into themselves a bit too much in the past, and it has led to letdowns that led to losses.

Me personally, I think it'd be sweet if Ameer continues his warpath on the way to winning the award and RG4 continues his pace the last two games and gets us our second DL to New York for ceremonies in a handful of years.

Ameer runs for over 150 against Michigan State in front of a national audience and that might be the hype train that he needs.

Winston wont win because he is an idiot.

I think Mariotta could, but I actually expect Oregon to lose a game they shouldn't and Mariotta will struggle--like he did last year against Arizona.

Ameer has an uphill climb because of how bad many perceive the B1G to be, but if he keeps dropping 200 yard games, i think that might overcome that.

Are you sure you have seen UW play? They held LSU to 2.7 YPC despite losing 2/3rds of their D-line during the game. BGSU is the defending MAC champions and in games against teams other than UW has put up 31, 48, 45, and 47 points. They are not a terrible team on O but UW made them look like one. Overall UW ranks 9th nationally against the run, 11th in scoring D and 18th in passing D. UW has one of the best defenses in the B1G and the nation.

As far the topic at hand, Gordon has fallen a bit in peoples eyes because;

1) He got hurt against LSU and could only play a little over a half (in which he was clearly the best player on the field in a game stacked with NFL players FWIW) and he played at significantly less than 100% against WIU and it showed.

2) He has already had a bye week which followed the week where he played hurt. That put him out of the national narrative for two critical weeks.

Running wild on Illinois does nothing to advance anyones cause, they are terrible and have been terrible since Juice Williams left. You are supposed to run for around 200 yards against them. The Miami game definitely helped because of the 'U' factor but that team will lose several more games as the season wears on. Gordon is going to continue to make up ground as the season wears on and he continues to put up ridiculous highlights each week. Abdullah also has the benefit of a competent passing game to help him out immensely, whereas Gordon is a one man show and he still runs wild on defenses. Last week was the first game of the season where he got over 20 carries.

This is not meant as a knock on Abdullah who is having an incredible season and is an even better person but rather as a defense of Gordon. Any discussion of the best RB in CFB is a joke if he is not in the top three with Gurley and Abdullah. Gordon has a serious shot at beating out 'Mr. Freaking Outside' Glenn Davis' all time YPC record that has stood for 70 years, for pete's sake! And I will take that bet a million times over, the last time Gordon faced the 'blackshirts' he averaged 24 yards a carry. Just saying :dunno

Are you sure you have seen UW play? They held LSU to 2.7 YPC despite losing 2/3rds of their D-line during the game. BGSU is the defending MAC champions and in games against teams other than UW has put up 31, 48, 45, and 47 points. They are not a terrible team on O but UW made them look like one. Overall UW ranks 9th nationally against the run, 11th in scoring D and 18th in passing D. UW has one of the best defenses in the B1G and the nation.

As far the topic at hand, Gordon has fallen a bit in peoples eyes because;

1) He got hurt against LSU and could only play a little over a half (in which he was clearly the best player on the field in a game stacked with NFL players FWIW) and he played at significantly less than 100% against WIU and it showed.

2) He has already had a bye week which followed the week where he played hurt. That put him out of the national narrative for two critical weeks.

Running wild on Illinois does nothing to advance anyones cause, they are terrible and have been terrible since Juice Williams left. You are supposed to run for around 200 yards against them. The Miami game definitely helped because of the 'U' factor but that team will lose several more games as the season wears on. Gordon is going to continue to make up ground as the season wears on and he continues to put up ridiculous highlights each week. Abdullah also has the benefit of a competent passing game to help him out immensely, whereas Gordon is a one man show and he still runs wild on defenses. Last week was the first game of the season where he got over 20 carries.

This is not meant as a knock on Abdullah who is having an incredible season and is an even better person but rather as a defense of Gordon. Any discussion of the best RB in CFB is a joke if he is not in the top three with Gurley and Abdullah. Gordon has a serious shot at beating out 'Mr. Freaking Outside' Glenn Davis' all time YPC record that has stood for 70 years, for pete's sake! And I will take that bet a million times over, the last time Gordon faced the 'blackshirts' he averaged 24 yards a carry. Just saying :dunno

This I really disagree with. I see Miami losing 2 more games tops. They are getting better. Their QB is getting better every week they play. They just beat a decent Duke team holding them to about 260 in total offense when they have been averaging about 450 per game.

The Heisman has become more of a best-player-marketing award than anything else. Still, it would be nice for Abdullah to win it if he keeps playing like he is, and it would be good for Nebraska's brand and recruiting to win it.

Abdullah and Nebraska have a great opportunity this weekend against Michigan State to get Abdullah up the Heisman list. It's gonna take wins in big games like this one, and it's going to take Abdullah having a great game himself. Herbstreet and Fowler are calling the game, so impressing them will go a long way toward keeping Abdullah's name in voter's minds. Those two have probably more reach in the college football media than anyone else.

Mariota is the man to beat, in my opinion. I'm fairly confident Abdullah will ultimately beat out all of the other contenders with his play. But Mariota has been having a stellar year so far too, he's a QB, he's been getting Heisman hype before this year, and he plays on a team that may not lose.

One thing definitely working in Abdullah's favor is his character. With all the disappointing athletes and antics in the media lately, including previous Heisman winners, I think the voters will give that aspect much more consideration this time around.