Michigan State is Ours . . .

???

You want to talk last year? We lost to Minnesota. Needed a hail mary to beat northwestern. UCLA tore us apart.

Nebraska pissing down its leg is part of the equation. It's the part that is very real and happens more often then not in big games lately. It's part of what this team has been. They have to prove otherwise before I buy in. I'm simply going to watch the game saturday feeling MSU is the better team and try to enjoy whatever happens. If they surprise me great. But I won't be sold on this team after a nice start. It's a long season. This team is better than last year it seems so far. Ameer is a blast to watch.

I don't know how so many can feel MSU isn't the better team here but that's okay. We've really proven nothing other than we are winning the games we are supposed to win for now. That's a start.

I think they're probably the better team, but they're not remotely unbeatable. Just like Oregon, Alabama, Auburn, FSU, etc...

There is no elite team in CFB this year.

My point is that no one really knows how good MSU or NU are right now. Miami may win out, and Oregon may end up losing 4 games. Our situation is similar to two basketball players arguing over who is the better free throw shooter when one player is five or five and the other is 4 for 5. Go Huskers!

Might as well add some extra fuel to the fire.

MSU has played no one outside of Oregon at this point. One MAC team, one MWC team, and one FCS team. They've combined to go 7-6 so far. And of course they played Oregon tight for a while but fell apart in the end and wound up losing by a substantial amount. They choked that game away.

Our non-con competition isn't much better, having gone 9-9 so far (12-11 if you count Illinois), but we've dominated the two true tests we've had so far. Fresno State is a bad football team, but we mauled them like we should've. We were in control of the Illinois game from start to finish like we should've been. And don't lie to yourself... we dominated Miami. That game was close during the first half, and they gave us a good run for a while, but we pulled away in the second half.

Kind of like Oregon pulled away from Sparty.

But that Miami game was not as close as the score wound up. We rolled that football team.

The McNeese game was unsettling, but we eeked it out. I think that may end up being good in the long run. I think that was a wake up call game. What's best: It didn't cost us a W.

So, in conclusion, we've passed the two major FBS tests we've had so far with flying colors. Sparty did not... they choked.

I'd say we're the more battle-tested team, all things considered. THat will come in handy Saturday.

I don't know about battle-tested. They played one of the premiere teams in the country while our defense has traded blows with backup the Illinois backup QB and Miami's emergency true freshman starter. It's true, there's some doubt if Michigan State would also have rolled Miami since we don't know. Similar for how NU might have matched up to Oregon.

Here is how I see this game. If we beat MSU, there is a really good chance we face them in the CCG and...lose. It is really hard to beat a team twice in the same season. See Washington and Wisconsin of recent past. If we lose, and beat Wisconsin, we have a really good shot at winning the CCG. For whatever reason we seem to match up with MSU really well.

Here is how I see this game. If we beat MSU, there is a really good chance we face them in the CCG and...lose. It is really hard to beat a team twice in the same season. See Washington and Wisconsin of recent past. If we lose, and beat Wisconsin, we have a really good shot at winning the CCG. For whatever reason we seem to match up with MSU really well.

There is a good chance that OSU figures it's sh#t out and takes the East. 12-0 NU v 11-1 OSU for the CCG is pretty appealing.

http://detroitjockcity.com/2014/09/27/michigan-state-spartans-wyoming-cowboys-score-results-defensive-weakness/

The Michigan State Spartans are excellent against the run and short passing game but when their opponent stretches the field they are susceptible to the big play. The problem reared its ugly head against Oregon and showed itself again against Wyoming on Saturday.

Oregon defeated the Spartans largely because they were able to get big chunks of yards. The Spartans gave up 5 plays over 30 yards against the Ducks two of them resulting in touchdowns. The Spartan defense had the same issue against Wyoming giving up 2 plays over 40 yards both of which led to touchdowns for the Cowboys.

Let Tommy do what he does well and throw some bombs downfield.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/video?gameId=400547955&vid=11598059

We've got Ameer Abdullah and Tommy Armstrong guys. Along with an offensive line that is becoming a fierce group of run blockers. We got Westy and Bell tearing it up. Our defensive line has been salivating for this matchup. Gregory, McMullen, Valentine, and Collins.....throw in Maurice all coming after Cook. Maybe some Newby coming fast off the edge to change it up sometimes. Can they deal with all of this?

When you just put it all out there and look at the talent and the way this team is playing its hard to see how anybody can scheme to stop this whole team. Focus in on one thing or one player and we will burn your ass with another guy.

If this Husker team learned from this first five games, they know they better have their sh#t together. No half assed effort. When we bring it, we're hard to deal with. It's all on us though. Are we fonna be the team that takes the fight to them, or the team that destroys ourselves with lack of fight and focus.

There's nothing stopping us from winning this game. Nothing but us. We turned it over five times last year, played horribly, and still our defense fought hard and kept us in it. We now have special teams. We have the best offense we've had in years. We got talent on this defense that is just waiting for the next hit they can out on somebody.

The mentality is there. The leaders are there. Don't let this one get away Big Red. That Miami game was just an appetizer. This is the main course.

I guess that makes Illinois the palette cleanser. Lol.

so we are trying to dismiss oregon to dismiss msu so if we beat them... what?

Well obviously they're both the greatest teams ever!

Crazy thought......but what if all three teams are good football teams? I know, lunacy right?

Maybe, but all I'm seeing here is everyone discrediting Oregon's run game, defense, and MSU in general at the moment.

Here’s what I know is different: At nearly every key moment on Saturday night in East Lansing, with apologies to the Big Ten’s top QB, Connor Cook, the best player on the field will be wearing a Nebraska uniform. That matters.

I-back Ameer Abdullah and defensive end Randy Gregory give the Huskers a chance. In Abdullah and Gregory, Nebraska has arguably the best offensive and defensive players in the Big Ten.
They demand attention from the Spartans. Both are extraordinary talents, though somewhat unintroduced to the nation, which doesn’t believe that it wants to invest again in Nebraska football.
They offer reason to believe. Abdullah and Gregory change games in ways not seen at Nebraska since Eric Crouch and Ndamukong Suh, one of whom won the Heisman Trophy and the other who came close as a defensive tackle.
Nebraska had a special talent in former quarterback Taylor Martinez. When healthy, he was just as electric as Abdullah. But Abdullah, a rare two-time captain, inspires hope among teammates like so few players.
And old coaching axiom says when a team’s best player is also its hardest working, you’ve got something special. That is Abdullah defined. He carried Nebraska to victory against Miami and thwarted a major upset against McNeese State with perhaps the most incredible individual effort in college football this season.

ESPN

• Fire 5