Game 6 "Expert" Picks: Nebraska @ Michigan State

The Power 5 schools don't all play each other.

Nebraska and Michigan didn't play against each other to settle who the better team was.

Nebraska and Michigan St. play each other on Saturday to determine the better team.

Simple concept.

You said MSU IS the better team. I said that has yet to be determined.

The fact that we've gone back and forth about this for this long, including your buddy NuPolo, is almost disturbing.

NUpolo is really the last person on this website to be considered my buddy, even probably after you, so the fact that he actually "sided" with me on this one in disagreeing with you speaks volumes.

Yeah I said MSU is the better team. Because I think they are. Why exactly do you have a problem with that? You say stupid sh#t all the time that you're certain is true but likely isn't.

Personally, I don't feel like Nebraska and Michigan have to play each other for me to know and declare that they are a far worse team than we are, but as long as you have never once declared us better than a team we didn't play that season then okay good for you.

Let's be friends! I don't wear tank tops and hate selfies but you can grow a beard so it evens out!

Both are good teams. Both have talent. Both have records based on questionable competition. I see one difference.

NU got pushed by MacCheese St., the offense responded to win. Miami pushed NU, and the defense responded. MSU has only been pushed once, by Oregon, and they DID NOT RESPOND. When they needed to cowboy up or make a change from what they normally did, they flat-lined. :rickjames

Let them soak up the media love, it's worthless down on the field.

Is it too late to run smack for the shut out in 1914? That sh!# was crazy yo! :w00t

I have this goofy theory that a lot of folks will found out who the good team is at about 9pm pacific on Saturday.

Huh, so testy today.

I can agree that strictly, Michigan State hasn't proved that it's all that great. Few teams have at this point. Both Michigan State and Nebraska have taken care of business thus far this year. Yes, Nebraska dominated Miami, which is a great sign for us. And yes, Michigan State lost to Oregon, but Oregon could well be playing in the championship game.

So, is Michigan State a playoff caliber team, or are they resting on last year's laurels? I'd prefer to think they are playoff caliber, which would mean Nebraska is seriously for real if they can come out with a W. Nebraska being a playoff contender should make us all giddy, and probably was the realistic expectation of few. Please don't confuse giving Michigan State this kind of respect with throwing in the towel.

On the other hand, yes, maybe you guys are right, and Michigan State is nothing special. In this scenario, losing to them would spell trouble and beating them wouldn't mean much. I admit to being biased against adopting this perspective but I also think most reasonable outside observers rate the Spartans pretty high so far this season.

Both are good teams. Both have talent. Both have records based on questionable competition. I see one difference.

NU got pushed by MacCheese St., the offense responded to win. Miami pushed NU, and the defense responded. MSU has only been pushed once, by Oregon, and they DID NOT RESPOND. When they needed to cowboy up or make a change from what they normally did, they flat-lined. :rickjames

Is it too late to run smack for the shut out in 1914? That sh!# was crazy yo! :w00t

I have this goofy theory that a lot of folks will found out who the good team is at about 9pm pacific on Saturday.

That's not a goofy theory. It's an inevitable fact. However I'm sure the folks who were dying of stress as to whether the question would ever be addressed are duly relieved to know they will not twist in unknowing purgatory forever...well done, sir.

That's not a goofy theory. It's an inevitable fact. However I'm sure the folks who were dying of stress as to whether the question would ever be addressed are duly relieved to know they will not twist in unknowing purgatory forever...well done, sir.

It was easier than reading them Milton to help with purgatory.

Bo generally out coaches MSU. We lost last year. They didn't win. 5 TO's, with 3 being inside our own 20 killed us. Not MSU, NU beat us. We win the TO battle and Beck calls a great game, IMO, heavy smash mouth and PA passing we win. Lean on the run. We know (so Beck has to) that they will stack the box. Beck has to game plan ways to open the running game without having TA have to win it with his arm. PA, misdirection, draws and no more than 2 progressions before dumping to the RB. Lean on the option, zone, traditional, etc. Our sweeps seem to slow to develop. Unsure if they will work.

I am sure they feel confident in bringing their safeties up and let their CB's go man. PA to beat them deep. On film, they will see TA stare down the receiver. Use this. Lock in and double pump for 6. Their DB's will jump that route once and quit. PA to suck em in and then keep them out. Don't be cute. Beck has 2 good games of how effective we can be. Eat the clock. Use the TE in the run game to set the pass. Jumbo set to get hat on hat. Chip block and delayed route for 6. I'll take Westy and KB blocking out a CB down field all game.

On D, IMO, Cook will negate the blitz and rush by quick passes and check downs. Can't sack what doesn't have the ball. I also think they will try to match up their RB in pass routes with our LB's. Set the edge, tackle the RB if he has the ball or not. Don't let him run a route. DT have to be solid. Don't let em get the yards in the middle. Last year DB's were like blankets yet Cook got the ball in. We need a little luck in that department. Move Gregory around. A lot. Make Cook aware of him each and every play. Make them commit to keeping a TE, FB or even RB back in pass pro. Win the numbers game on the line.

We have a great chance. Much better than the talking heads give us. Miami awoke the beast. Guys found out what it is like to play nasty and mean. Talk smack and back it up. We are a different team than they faced last year. IMO, the nation sees that Saturday.

GBR

• Fire 1

The Spartans' offense has kicked it up a notch and while our defense has more 'fight' in them than the recent past, they've still been marched on by the likes of McNeese State, Wes Lunt's backup, and Miami's true freshman.

If rumors and statistics are correct, the Husker defense is among the NCAA leaders in 3 & outs.

No. They won. They deserve credit. To take credit from them for winning is the same to take credit from ourselves for the times we've won. Cook hit a ton of difficult throws to keep drives alive. We had our chances to beat them, even with our five turnovers. We didn't beat them. They beat us. We helped.

If they beat us this year, I just hope we don't make it easier for them like we did last year.

I think we are a better team this year than last. Not sure if they are or not.

Man, almost all those predictions are the same!

I guess I don't see why people feel like MSU has a sweet offense? They beat up 3 crappy teams and got smoked by Oregon.

I really think that these are two evenly matched teams.

I'm not sure about their offense. But, they didn't get "smoked" by Oregon. They were ahead in that game in the third quarter. I think MSU totally got worn out at the end of that game.

I'm hoping we can pound them all game and have the same affect at the end of the game this weekend.

MSU had one good quarter where they scored 24 of their 27 points. They were outscored in three out of four quarters and after the half were outscored 28-3. The game was competitive for a half but Sparty was soundly outplayed overall in the game.

Watch the game. The second quarter was when MSU found it's groove and absolutely outplayed Oregon. If this had happened in the 3rd quarter...they probably win that game. Oregon just proved to have the better coaching staff and adjusted. Had that game been in East Lansing I believe MSU keeps the momentum and holds on to win. Don't be fooled by the box score. MSU is right up there with Oregon...a place we haven't shown to be at yet. We've compiled a nice little record but this will be our first true test. I'm anxious to see how we do.

I watched the game. MSU had one good quarter. That's it. It was a very good quarter yes but that's all it was. Oregon adjusted at the half. Climbed back in the third and pulled away in the fourth. Even if you want to throw out the late garbage touchdown, Oregon still wins that game going away and by double digits. And most importantly as the game went on MSU got worse. I'm sorry I'm just not impressed with that game.

Let's be friends! I don't wear tank tops and hate selfies but you can grow a beard so it evens out!

HA! loser.

Oh yeah? Do losers save tons of money cuz they don't have to buy lots of razor blades? I THINK NOT FUZZYMAN

oh yeah well i don't buy razors i have an electr-

wait...

are u a loser or not