Weather favors the offense?

I think it affects everyone equally. Last I heard it's supposed to be windy too.

Its looking like by game time the wind won't be much of a factor. Wind to me plays the most important role when weatheris an issue. Special teams, taking shots downfield. An offense better have a bread and butter run game if the wind is blowing hard. Fortunately for both of us, we have that run game. Who's is better and who is better at stopping it?

I think it affects everyone equally. Last I heard it's supposed to be windy too.

Its looking like by game time the wind won't be much of a factor. Wind to me plays the most important role when weatheris an issue. Special teams, taking shots downfield. An offense better have a bread and butter run game if the wind is blowing hard. Fortunately for both of us, we have that run game. Who's is better and who is better at stopping it?

If that's the case, I like our chances.

As of right now it looks like about 45 degrees with rain in East Lansing.

The offense knows where it's going, the defense has to react. Do the Huskers have the edge?

I don't know. Grass field, wet turf... could minimize Abdullah's explosiveness.

52f322868a6f1.preview-620.jpg

• Fire 2

The offense knows where it's going, the defense has to react. Do the Huskers have the edge?

Not any more than the guys trying to tackle him. They'll all be running on the same field.

Not any more than the guys trying to tackle him. They'll all be running on the same field.

And the defensive backs who have to react to the cutting receiver. Wet fields can lead to blown coverage. For the offense, it makes timing routes risky.

Nebraska has a good combination of speed and strength, running and passing, so we're not so weather dependent. I do worry about our defensive secondary on days like this.

But sometimes crappy weather brings out the best in a team. I kinda dig it.

Nebraska plays a lot of man coverage. A slippery field would be an issue.

THIS TREND COULD VERY WELL BE CHANGING HOWEVER. WE SAW A LOT OF ZONE IN THE SECOND HALF AGAINST MIAMI AND SAW A BIT HERE AND THERE AGAINST ILLINOIS. AND I LIKE IT. IT'S A GOOD CHANGE-UP FROM WHAT TEAMS ARE SO USED TO SEEING FROM US. NOT TO MENTION, AS WE CONTINUE TO HAVE LINEBACKER ISSUES, ZONE CAN SOMEWHAT NEUTRALIZE THAT.

THIS TREND COULD VERY WELL BE CHANGING HOWEVER. WE SAW A LOT OF ZONE IN THE SECOND HALF AGAINST MIAMI AND SAW A BIT HERE AND THERE AGAINST ILLINOIS. AND I LIKE IT. IT'S A GOOD CHANGE-UP FROM WHAT TEAMS ARE SO USED TO SEEING FROM US. NOT TO MENTION, AS WE CONTINUE TO HAVE LINEBACKER ISSUES, ZONE CAN SOMEWHAT NEUTRALIZE THAT.

I hope so. I'd love to see some zone blitzes in this game. We could really force Cook into some early throws with the pressure we apply. I think we can pick this guy off twice in this game. That's my prediction.

He cuts violently, full speed. I could see some slippage there.

I hope so. I'd love to see some zone blitzes in this game. We could really force Cook into some early throws with the pressure we apply. I think we can pick this guy off twice in this game. That's my prediction.

TEAMS HAVE SETTLED IN SO MUCH AGAINST OUR MATCHUP COVERAGES THAT THINGS LIKE RUB ROUTES AND FLARES OUT OF THE BACKFIELDS HAVE BECOME SURE FIRE SUCCESSES. THEN YOU THROW IN THINGS LIKE ZONE ACTION WITH FAKES AND IT GIVES GUYS THAT STEP THEY NEED. I LIKE THE MIX OF ZONE. MAKES THE QB THINK A LITTLE MORE. MORE TIME FOR OUR PASS RUSH. SOMETIMES THAT EXTRA SECOND IS ALL WE NEED.

• Fire 1