**** What did we learn - Sparty edition ****

We really set the tone by punting from MSU's 31 yard line, which is never EVER correct regardless of conditions.

Not only that, but punted it through the end zone for a net of 11 yards. And it was all downhill from there.

I thought about this also. I thought maybe a field goal try would have been wiser but the only thought process i could fathom against it was maybe not changing the momentum of the game so early with a miss? Maybe we outthunk ourselves a bit. The punt did us no good. That's on Foltz.

MSU's punter is a master of his craft.

- Different season, same M.O. We see good things against inferior talent (and even struggle against it), get our hopes up, then when our team faces a highly-ranked opponent they fold like a cheap lawn chair

- You can't expect to beat any opponent with a pulse in 15 minutes when you spent the prior 45 minutes letting them hand your @$$ to you

- Having the best RB in the nation doesn't mean much when your offensive line and QB are mediocre at best

- Until we have a QB who can pass as well as he can run and a line that can protect him, being a title contender is a pipe dream

- Tommy Armstrong is Taylor Martinez with better form, less straight line speed, and more agility. Any belief I once held that he's a better passer has faded. When there are freshmen and sophomores elsewhere who are much better passers, it's time to stop using youth and inexperience as excuses

- Our offense owes our defense, big time.

• Fire 1

Hopefully some learned that passing the ball isn't "Beck getting cute" or "Beck out thinking himself"

It's a friggen part of modern day football.

Beck didn't call a bad game. We didn't execute the passing game early in the game when we needed it to loosen up thd run defense. The plays were there. Make the pass and catch and we extend drives and possibly score.

But, the idiotic thought that when the running game isn't working all we have to do is stick with it and wear them down is just plain going against common sense.

• Fire 8

We really set the tone by punting from MSU's 31 yard line, which is never EVER correct regardless of conditions.

Not only that, but punted it through the end zone for a net of 11 yards. And it was all downhill from there.

When did that happen? Did we seriously punt from their 31?

When did that happen? Did we seriously punt from their 31?

Our very first possession in the game

I learned that nothing changed.

This is the best we can expect seven years in from this overmatched substandard coaching staff. "We didn't get blown out and never mind that thing about being outmatched for three and a half quarters"

And I don't know how many more injuries to people like Bell or Armstrong we need to show that we are behind in S&C so badly it's depressing.

Anyone who gleans that "we're close" after this debacle of a game where msu was handing it to Nebraska simply isn't living in reality.

Fire Bo Pelini.

• Fire 2