O-Line

I wonder if there isn't something we should have done to change up snap counts. The ends were out of their stance almost simultaneously with the snap just about every play. One play where they were offsides, it was both ends that came. Did we finally change something up there? Maybe Ryker coming in with a different cadence threw them off?

Guys it was one bad game against a really good defense. We do too much over reacting. When they have a great game, Miami, we think they are the greatest line since 1995. When they have a bad game they are the worst line in the world and the coaches need to be fired and this and that player suck. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Sturup had a bad game doesn't mean his is terrible. I remember vividly watching ASU's d-end go around Adam True at left tackle all night and sacking Frost like 4x in 1996. All night I am thinking this guy is the worst lineman I have ever seen. I think Adam True played at least 10 years in the NFL.

Everyone wants answers, but their really isn't any answers its an emotional game. My best guess is the line was fairly confident coming into the game and when MSU shut them down right away they really lost confidence. Then they start to press and make it better but it doesn't happen.

They can play better all is not lost. Nebraska held Wisconsin to 55 yards rushing in the first game in 2012 remember what Wisconsin did in the CC. Things can change and hopefully will change.

• Fire 3

Guys it was one bad game against a really good defense. We do too much over reacting. When they have a great game, Miami, we think they are the greatest line since 1995. When they have a bad game they are the worst line in the world and the coaches need to be fired and this and that player suck. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Sturup had a bad game doesn't mean his is terrible. I remember vividly watching ASU's d-end go around Adam True at left tackle all night and sacking Frost like 4x in 1996. All night I am thinking this guy is the worst lineman I have ever seen. I think Adam True played at least 10 years in the NFL.

Everyone wants answers, but their really isn't any answers its an emotional game. My best guess is the line was fairly confident coming into the game and when MSU shut them down right away they really lost confidence. Then they start to press and make it better but it doesn't happen.

They can play better all is not lost. Nebraska held Wisconsin to 55 yards rushing in the first game in 2012 remember what Wisconsin did in the CC. Things can change and hopefully will change.

+1 because I think you're right that there is some overreacting going on here.

But I think it is probably justified. A lot of us are at a loss as to how:

A) Our OL was so unprepared to go in the first place Saturday night. I know they were definitely scheming to shut down the run game, but suddenly our much ballyhooed left side of the line is getting dominated? Cotton falls on his butt due to the wind. Pelini suddenly can't snap the ball. The right side of the line got pounded back the entire night from the opening whistle.

B) We failed to get them on track at all when it was clear we were getting punked. Why were we not able to ever turn things around? I'm just shocked that collectively they were THAT inept for the ENTIRE night.

C) The reserves didn't get called upon. We essentially saw the same 5 guys the entire night. We had Reeves and Price that should've been ready to see time. As rough a night as Pelini and Sterup were having... I would've gladly swapped both of those out for at least a series to see what Reeves and Price could bring to the table. Especially if Sterup was really playing with his knee at less than 100%-- which has been hinted at and would make him getting beat all night make sense.

I don't know man. I agree this probably isn't the worst offensive line we've ever had at NU. But, I can tell you that is the worst blocked GAME I've ever seen as a fan.

I think a lot of people hate the fact that MSU took our calling card completely away from us. It was good on good (our OL vs. their D) and their good one. That will rub a lot of NU fans the wrong way. Especially when we hear all summer hearing how great Lewis is in his first year and what a mean streak Cotton has and how he's a captain... and then see that on Saturday.

Guys it was one bad game against a really good defense.

I take it you have entirely blocked out MacNeese State ?

Not at all, the O-line played much better against McNeese St. I just have coached a lot of football and a lot of times you can't explain things. It wasn't preparation, I am sure they prepared like they always do.

It just that everyone wants answers, but they don't like what they hear.

Listen to DiNardo he basically said Beck called the game that he had to they just didn't get it done. Listen to Zatichka's pod cast he didn't think the O-line was terrible all the time he actually thought they might be emotionally to hyped up. Ask all the experts and you get a different answer. They are all right and all wrong at the same time.

I was wondering about this. Seemed really odd that it hadn't been a problem and all of the sudden it happened a lot.

Pelini attributed the miscommunications on snaps against Michigan State to the MSU defense clapping and confusing the center.

It crossed my mind during the game. My issue was, and I have thought of this since Taylor started doing it after playing Ohio St. We got if from them I believe. But I never understood why. What happened to the simple lift of the foot or hand signal to signal to the center for a read. I know with a clap he doesnt have ot peek back, but anything sound can be so easily simulated. Im really shocked it's taken two years for this to happen.

• Fire 1

I was wondering about this. Seemed really odd that it hadn't been a problem and all of the sudden it happened a lot.

Pelini attributed the miscommunications on snaps against Michigan State to the MSU defense clapping and confusing the center.

Didnt we deal with this crap last year.....

Cant we change up how we signal... I mean i doubt MSU was even that loud.

Just now saw that Stanford had 47 rushing yards against Notre Dame, averaging 1.5 yards per carry.

Considering how Stanford is often pointed to as how Nebraska should run it's power running game, it caught my eye.

Any given Saturday you have the potential to be outplayed and outcoached, especially against another good team.

Just now saw that Stanford had 47 rushing yards against Notre Dame, averaging 1.5 yards per carry.

Considering how Stanford is often pointed to as how Nebraska should run it's power running game, it caught my eye.

Any given Saturday you have the potential to be outplayed and outcoached, especially against another good team.

That's not true it only happens to Nebraska. :sarcasm

Nobody is pointing to Stanford this year. They are averaging 141.8 ypg rushing and rank 89th. Them being held less than a hundred yards below their average is not at all like Nebraska being held 300 yards below ours.