O-Line

Thought it couldn't be any worse than the Callahan-era O-lines, but it is. Possibly the worst I've seen.

Sterup and Lewis are possibly the worst set of tackles I've ever seen play for us.

Sterup was getting beat by a guy who's gonna be a 1st round pick. Calhoun is going to be doing that to professionals in due time. He's fine. Bullough is a good player as well. Now Mark Pelini, that guy is not a B10 center.

I complained about this for years, in 4 years our OL players get bigger but look soft! The fix has begun, but it will not help us this year. BOYD EPLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really hoping he was brought back to "look" at what Dobson has/hasn't been doing and tweak some things. I know injuries happen, but we do seem to lose half of one side of the ball each year. Started with the D, but now looks like some skill positions on the O are getting dinged as well.

In no sense am I an offensive line guru, but every time the camera showed Sterup, he looked like a statue. Even if he were completed out muscled, at least he could have thrown his body in front of the end and bought a little time for Armstrong/Abdullah. He had a deer in the head lights look. At the very least he needs to learn how to drop his but and shuffle side to side. The only purpose he served was to get the 5th guy on the line of scrimmage. Otherwise we might as well played with 10.

1) Our OL players do look extremely bulky and unathletic and have for some time now. That needs fixed ASAP.

2) I agree with Lo. I know it's football and injuries happen and they're unpredictable... but seriously, at this point, what are we left to think? We have the unsafest team in the country?

We're into our 7th and 8th string at WR. I won't list all the other injuries. We know them all. If Dobson isn't doing something to actually hurt the players susceptibility to injuries, he certainly isn't helping it.

Thought it couldn't be any worse than the Callahan-era O-lines, but it is. Possibly the worst I've seen.

Sterup and Lewis are possibly the worst set of tackles I've ever seen play for us.

Overdramatic much? Give the MSU players and coaches some credit. They came up with a plan to stop the run and executed it. Our coaches apparently don't know how to counter an aggressive D.

Not sure if it is about toughness or coaching.

Knapps post last night touched on this about how we dont do a good enough job of blocking the 1st tier well enough.

MSU was sending pressure from everywhere and kept us on our toes. The O-line was pitiful but dont know if it is on toughness or just poor technique and strategy.

MSU is the best defense we will see all year.

Oregon's S&C coach must suck also, because their o-line has been decimated with injuries. I understand if you think the players should be stronger and better conditioned, but how do you prevent knee injuries with S&C? Many NFL teams would sure like to know. Or how do you prevent Bell from falling on the ball with S&C?