O-Line

Why does it take three or four years for our offensive line recruits to get to where they can play, and then we get a performance like tonight? What are they doing for those three or four years? I mean, if we wanted performances like tonight why not just play them as freshmen or sophomores and use the freed up scholarships for contributors?

Should be f'ing ashamed of themselves.....main reason NEB wasn't highly competitive in this game.

When they decided to pass pro, guess what.....NEB came roaring back.....what do ya f'ing know.

Glad Armstrong got in Pelini's face....love every minute of it. Abdullah needs to get on their ass too.

The smoking gun in this loss.....the offensive line.......and "at the end of the day," the loss is also on the coaches.

This team didn't come out with intensity...got dominated for 3 quarters...plain and simple.

Plenty of season left fellas. THIS IS A DIFFERENT TEAM.

It's all up to the coaches now if NEB makes it to Indy and wins it. Period.

We'll see if it's the same ole BS. GBR

Same problem we had against McNeese State when it came to pass protection. Guys like Sterup (at right tackle) just dont seem to have the ability to pass block really good DE's. Givens Price should have gotten more time at right tackle. Jake cotton and the center m. pelini also struggled. Lewis struggled with the penalties as well.

I keep hearing the names Kondolo and Reeves tossed around. At some point, you figure it's got to happen. I don't know though, our issues on line seem across the board.

It's not like I have an expert eye and watch what the OL are doing every play, but it seems like Sterup gets beat too often off the edge and Lewis and Cotton seem to have critical penalties every game (how many 3rd & insanes did we have in the first half alone?)

Pelini's day at center was incredibly forgettable.

Zoogs, DB on BRO on 1620 straight up said it surprises him that Sterup was playing in the B10. He strongly alluded to it being Sterup he was talking about.

I think he may be ok in run blocking but not athletic enough or able to bend well enough in pass pro. I'd have to rewatch to evaluate his run blocking, but no one complained about his blocking much in the run heavy first five games.

I do indeed know he got killed in pass blocking tonight. That right side was a sieve all day.

I honestly didn't think they were that bad. Not particularly good, but not terrible. MSU made a concerted effort to stop Abdullah, meaning 8+ guys going downhill against 5. Throw in the fact that they have one of the nation's most talented and well-coached defenses and what do you expect? All we really had to do was establish some type of passing game and they would've eased off. Is the o-line 90's Nebraska good? No, but they're probably the best unit we've fielded in about 10 years. The offense's ineptitude rests pretty much on Tommy Armstrong. He MUST develop some type of pocket presence, footwork, and by an extension accuracy if we hope to jump into the upper echelon teams. Tim Beck can gimmick and scheme as much as he wants to make things easier for him, but right now he doesn't have the ability.

• Fire 2