The Truth . . .

Bo has reached his ceiling. But for DeMornay making those two phenomenal returns, we rightfully lose 27-3.

Why didn't we see Ryker earlier? And why, after he lead us to our first score, did he get a seat back on the bench? Tommy proceeded to luck into two scores, one which clearly should have been a pick six the other way. As such, in our last three drives, MSU should have had two INTs.

Ryker is not starting because he's a walk-on from Nebraska. Remember back in fall camp when Kenny Bell was essentially lobbying for him, saying he threw the best ball? Reminds me of the years Joe Ganz had to wait on the bench because he wasn't a sexy recruit.

I don't hate Bo and I admire how far he's come, but he's like the third leg in a relay race. Time for him to hand the baton to someone who can bring it home. Two years ago, Auburn was 3-9 and ended the season with a 49-0 loss. They hired a new coach and have lived in the top 5 since. In 7 years, Bo has lost every big game that mattered. Every single one (Don't tell me that beating the 20th rated team is winning a big game).

Admit it: Before the crazy end tonight, this game felt like a 1991 game against Miami.

Jake Cotton's slow fall onto his butt perfectly captured how we were playing up until the end.

Why didn't Imani get a single carry. Not one. Unconscionable.

Our O-line was really bad tonight. Really bad.

How come we have a coach who is super intense, yet not a single player on the team ever reflects that intensity? When was the last time you saw a player on the sideline intensely motivating other guys? It doesn't happen.

Who cares about a rematch against MSU. They kicked our butts tonight. If we win the rematch, everybody will know it's because they weren't as motivated. Tonight was for all the marbles. Well, guess what? We have no more marbles.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 14 times, send me to the nuthouse. Why do I keep believing that we are going to break through in these games?

• Fire 3

How come we have a coach who is super intense, yet not a single player on the team ever reflects that intensity? When was the last time you saw a player on the sideline intensely motivating other guys? It doesn't happen.

That's exaggerating a bit, but overall it is an interesting point. We have a bunch of guys that will supposedly run through brick walls for our coach. But running through a defensive tackle is a bit much to ask.

• Fire 1

Saying the same thing in 5 threads doesn't make it more valid or you any less depressing. Also, Imani is slow. Why put in a slow back when our faster back is getting swallowed up in the backfield because he can't beat the defense to the hole? I understand he's a hammer but he doesn't run hard. He makes cuts in the backfield and doesn't run as punishing as he used to (rewatch the Illinois game if you don't believe me) and has little acceleration. He's valuable, but he won't fix the running game if Ameer can't get it going.

I knew I should not have opened this when I read the thread title. Ryker did nothing to show he was ready to take over this game. He went 1 of 3 (throwing over the heads of his receivers repeatedly), but one got erased because of a personal foul against MSU. Then, two Ameer carries later, Nebraska scored. I won't consider crowning Ryker after that.

• Fire 1

Heres a dose of truth, Spartan fans should feel like douchenozzles for leaving early.

Yeah, it would be pretty funny if a player wrote a letter to the student newspaper that was like, "Hey guys, we REALLY could have used the noise at the end of the game while you were busy doing shots!"

LSU was getting destroyed by Florida in basketball a few years back. A ton of fans left early. Needless to say LSU made a comeback and forced the game to go into OT. There were pics/vids people had taken showing people running back towards the arena. Kind of reminds me of that.

Are the Ryker comments meant to be taken seriously? He sailed two passes, completed one, handed the ball to Ameer a couple times then killed any chance for 2 points by messing up another handoff. The drive's biggest play was a Michigan State 15-yard penalty, and the second biggest play was a 12-yard first down run by Armstrong.

• Fire 5

OP...If Fyfe had started, it would have been worse through 3 quarters. This statement alone destroys any credibility you once had. The game definitely had that "it just isn't our night" type of feel. Everything was just not working. I was mad as heck for 3.5 quarters. what I saw at the end of the game was unbelievable. If the ball is caught for a TD at the end, this would have been celebrated as the best comeback ever, we turned the corner etc. etc. I really liked what I saw from the team and coaches at the end. Does it mean that we win out? Who knows, but it is going to be fun finding out!