For the past 5 years...

BIG ERN

This team will lose 2-3 more games this year.

I can't believe you actually believe that.

did you watch the game last night?

My comment has a lot less to do with the game last night and a lot more to do with the remaining schedule this season. We need to pump the brakes a little bit here folks, MSU is a damn good football team. There isn't anyone even remotely close to their level left on our schedule. We aren't losing 3 more games.

I dont know how at this point anyone could expect anything less than 2 more losses. Iowa and wiscy on the road and minnesota. All 3 critical games down the stretch that will have a huge impact in deciding the division. Please explain to me what this team has shown at any point thus far that shows you theyre ready for those moments. Guise. Seriously. We cant even snap the ball now. Our lineman are LITERALLY falling over backwards. We get in a big moment. An important moment. And all proper mentality goes down the shitter.

Pretty sure we cant go 11-1 maybe its just me but I thought we had 12 games beore the CCG which means if we are 11-1 we are going to the CCG because we would have beaten every team in our division and have a tie breaker with any other team in our division so we would end up either 12-1 or 12-2. Now we could end up 10-2 and not go to the CCG.

Florida Atlantic W 2 McNeese State W 3 Fresno State W 4 Miami, Fla. W 5 Illinois (Homecoming) * W 6 Michigan State * L 7 Northwestern * - 8 Rutgers * - 9 Purdue * - 10 Wisconsin * - 11 Minnesota * - 12 Iowa * -

I dont know how at this point anyone could expect anything less than 2 more losses. Iowa and wiscy on the road and minnesota. All 3 critical games down the stretch that will have a huge impact in deciding the division. Please explain to me what this team has shown at any point thus far that shows you theyre ready for those moments. Guise. Seriously. We cant even snap the ball now. Our lineman are LITERALLY falling over backwards. We get in a big moment. An important moment. And all proper mentality goes down the shitter.

Wow you are really down on this team. I watch a ton of college football every Saturday basically from 10 till midnight I have a game on and will switch channels between 2-3 games except when the Huskers are on. MSU's defense is for real. I haven't seen any team with a better defense. Some have as good, but none better. MSU IMO is very good this year. I was skeptical before this game, but they really took it up a notch in this game. defensively. They can compete with anyone including all the SEC teams out there.

I know you are really down on NU, but I haven't seen any team that is all world and looks just unbeatable. I thought OU might be but they lost. Maybe Auburn, but I think MSU could slow them down.

I just got to give credit were credit is due. MSU was good on Saturday night, but I saw a lot I liked from NU. I liked the fight in the team I liked how they came back and almost stole the game,and I like the defense,. If you can't see the defense played well, you aren't looking.

As far as the rest of the season goes, have you watched any of the other big 10 schools? Outside of NU,MSU and OSU I am not seeing anything that is on the world beater level.

This is what I was getting at in another post. AS I have stated many times. It is not about winning or losing, it is how we play, who we play and how respected we are for our performance.

Last night was a loss, but listening to Herbie and Fowler, I think a lot of respect was gained, and it shows again in the polls. We did not play a great game, but we did perform about where most expected us to, but only in the 4th quarter. Too much attention given to less than stellar opponents in the out of conference schedule. We need to stop that crap for sure. Warm up games need to be developing our kids, not giving them the idea we will walk through the other team. Michigan State was much tougher than Nebraska for the first three quarters. Thanks to Oregon is my guess. And all the upsets yesterday did not help us either.

I am proud of the kids, not so much the coaching staff. I think they overcome some very poor coaching/play calling. But man this team loves their coaches, no question.

I am glad we showed a pulse at the end, but some of that praise from Herbie and Fowler was induced by the shock of how badly they had just watched us get beaten in every facet of the game for 3 quarters (should clarify I mean offensively here). One of the most memorable plays we had on offense was Cotton falling over for goodness sakes.

I'm not sure how much respect we really garnered after that game. To me, it didn't change anything really. We continue to be perceived as a team that can't win the big game, succumbs to pressure on big stages, struggles offensively, and is generally irrelevant on the national stage, perfectly content to languish as a barely ranked team. I'm not saying that only winning generates respect, there are honorable ways to play and there are honorable ways to run a program... but I don't think our performance this past week generated a lot of respect. I would have had a lot more respect for us had we played like that for four quarters rather than just one.

Edited by Karawithasmile

This team will lose 2-3 more games this year.

I can't believe you actually believe that.

I wouldn't say that losing 2 or 3 more this season is out of the realm of possibility. NW, PSU, Wisky, and a bowl opponent could all knock us off. I don't expect it, but if we do lose 2 or 3 more it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Add Rutgers to that list, and you're right.

And Rutgers could very well be ranked before we play them. If they beat tOSU...then it's a certainty they'll be ranked.

Conference title or bust. It's time. Hell, it's past time.

Agreed. One of the most talented teams Bo has put on the field, all 3 phases of the game have shown flashes, and the B1G is in shambles. It's time to bring some hardware back to Lincoln.

I'd accept a major bowl win as a replacement this year. If Sparty continues to get better, rolls up the rest of the league, has a good showing in the playoff....I could handle losing to them a couple times in a year, particularly if we put up a better fight the second time around. But if that happens, we'd better look good in whatever big bowl picks us up (we're Nebraska and we'd be 11-2, I think the Orange or Fiesta or Cotton would all be delighted to have us), because aside from Sparty, that'd be the only real team we play all year. Yes, 11-3 would be a step forward, but kind of a hollow-feeling one if our best win is at Wisconsin - a team that looks to be skidding toward a 5 loss season.

I've been waiting (13 seasons). Seen a lot of good wins over these years, but nothing that takes us from good to great. Last night was just another showing of getting up for the let down.

2009: L Texas, (Big 12 Title game) 13-12 loss to win the conference for the first time in 10 years and go to a BCS bowl game

2010: L Texas, Would have been the first 6-0 start since 01'

2010: L Oklahoma, (Big 12 Title game) 23-20 comeback by OU; lost 3/4 games to finish the year

2012: L Wisconsin, (Big 10 Title game) 70-31 beat down

2014: L Michigan St, Would have been the first 6-0 start in 13 years; ended drought of beating a top 10 team on the road

Now you are thinking last night doesn't count and I think you are wrong. Going to be tough for a 2 loss (conference games) to win the West. We now 100% have to win @ Wisconsin, @ NW and at @ Iowa. Can we? Of course I think we can, and I think if we have a rematch with Michigan State we can def win the game (especially on turf). I think the game last night favored them immensely with the rough conditions. Question that I want people to respond to:

Would a 11-1 season without winning the conference be a win or a loss in your book? Could mean beating 0 teams that finished ranked, and extend the drought to 15 years w/o a conference title

I would be happy at the point of 11-1, but not after losing the CCG. The last couple years I thought the B1G had nowhere to go but up. With the Braxton Miller injury and Wisconsin disappointing, it looks like I was wrong. This is the year to do it, especially with Ameer and Gregory.

This is what I was getting at in another post. AS I have stated many times. It is not about winning or losing, it is how we play, who we play and how respected we are for our performance.

Last night was a loss, but listening to Herbie and Fowler, I think a lot of respect was gained, and it shows again in the polls. We did not play a great game, but we did perform about where most expected us to, but only in the 4th quarter. Too much attention given to less than stellar opponents in the out of conference schedule. We need to stop that crap for sure. Warm up games need to be developing our kids, not giving them the idea we will walk through the other team. Michigan State was much tougher than Nebraska for the first three quarters. Thanks to Oregon is my guess. And all the upsets yesterday did not help us either.

I am proud of the kids, not so much the coaching staff. I think they overcome some very poor coaching/play calling. But man this team loves their coaches, no question.

I am glad we showed a pulse at the end, but some of that praise from Herbie and Fowler was induced by the shock of how badly they had just watched us get beaten in every facet of the game for 3 quarters (should clarify I mean offensively here). One of the most memorable plays we had on offense was Cotton falling over for goodness sakes.

I'm not sure how much respect we really garnered after that game. To me, it didn't change anything really. We continue to be perceived as a team that can't win the big game, succumbs to pressure on big stages, struggles offensively, and is generally irrelevant on the national stage, perfectly content to languish as a barely ranked team. I'm not saying that only winning generates respect, there are honorable ways to play and there are honorable ways to run a program... but I don't think our performance this past week generated a lot of respect. I would have had a lot more respect for us had we played like that for four quarters rather than just one.

You worry too much about what the rest of the country thinks. Guess what the rest of the country really isn't that worried about Nebraska or whoever, they aren't a fan. Talked to 2 of 3 guys that work for me this morning. One is an Oregon St. fan the other is a BSU fan. Guess what they didn't watch the game, because they didn't care it wasn't their team playing. One said it must have been a close game from the looks of the score. That's what the majority of the country sees. A close game because it was a close score.

Everyone around the country is not obsessed with what Nebraska is doing. You think Alabama, UCLA, OU, A&M, Oregon and BYU fans are worried about Nebraska? How about the 3 loss S. Carolina fans or the LSU fans or the world?

The only teams that are really relevant at the end of the year will be the 4 that make the playoffs.

You worry too much about what the rest of the country thinks. Guess what the rest of the country really isn't that worried about Nebraska or whoever, they aren't a fan. Talked to 2 of 3 guys that work for me this morning. One is an Oregon St. fan the other is a BSU fan. Guess what they didn't watch the game, because they didn't care it wasn't their team playing. One said it must have been a close game from the looks of the score. That's what the majority of the country sees. A close game because it was a close score.

Everyone around the country is not obsessed with what Nebraska is doing. You think Alabama, UCLA, OU, A&M, Oregon and BYU fans are worried about Nebraska? How about the 3 loss S. Carolina fans or the LSU fans or the world?

The only teams that are really relevant at the end of the year will be the 4 that make the playoffs.

Not sure I can agree with that. I know a lot of people (Nebraska fans and non-Nebraska fans) that watch a lot of college football every week. They watch multiple games whether or not they have their specific team involved. Of course some people only pay attention to their team, but a lot of people watch a lot. And national perception is driven a lot by what the media says and talks about. When we aren't competitive, that is what is talked about. If it's a great game, it's shown a lot and again, drives that perception.

Not sure I can agree with that. I know a lot of people (Nebraska fans and non-Nebraska fans) that watch a lot of college football every week. They watch multiple games whether or not they have their specific team involved. Of course some people only pay attention to their team, but a lot of people watch a lot. And national perception is driven a lot by what the media says and talks about. When we aren't competitive, that is what is talked about. If it's a great game, it's shown a lot and again, drives that perception.

All the national media that I saw was giving Nebraska props for not quitting and coming back and almost winning the game.

I am not talking about watching other games I watch football all day on Saturday because I like college football. But, I really don't care who wins a game. I usually root for the underdog. But I am not worried about other teams. I think it is funny as hell that S. Carolina is 3-3 and that LSU just got embarrassed by Auburn. I still don't give a crap about them because they aren't my team.

Because I watch a lot of college football if in my mind I am comparing Nebraska to other team right now I don't see that many teams that are going to just dominate us. I see a lot of teams beating each other this year.

Wow you are really down on this team. I watch a ton of college football every Saturday basically from 10 till midnight I have a game on and will switch channels between 2-3 games except when the Huskers are on. MSU's defense is for real. I haven't seen any team with a better defense. Some have as good, but none better. MSU IMO is very good this year. I was skeptical before this game, but they really took it up a notch in this game. defensively. They can compete with anyone including all the SEC teams out there.

I know you are really down on NU, but I haven't seen any team that is all world and looks just unbeatable. I thought OU might be but they lost. Maybe Auburn, but I think MSU could slow them down.

I just got to give credit were credit is due. MSU was good on Saturday night, but I saw a lot I liked from NU. I liked the fight in the team I liked how they came back and almost stole the game,and I like the defense,. If you can't see the defense played well, you aren't looking.

As far as the rest of the season goes, have you watched any of the other big 10 schools? Outside of NU,MSU and OSU I am not seeing anything that is on the world beater level.

Michigan St's defense has nothing to do with us executing the simple basics of football, like being fired up to play. Our guys were timid and scared in the offensive trenches.