Northwestern Preparations

Mavric

Had a thought yesterday watching the MSU game, where they were clearly "ok". Did they just get sky high and all jacked up, ready to play against doNU because they recognized something about the Huskers that no one else, including the Huskers has realized? Namely, that doNU is THE team to beat in the Big10? Is there any chance (guzzling koolaid here) that MSU just played their best defensive game of the year and we happened to have our worst game of the year on the same night?

This game against NW might answer that question. If we roll them, things look promising. If we struggle at all, then the 9-4 chatter and all that goes along with it might be legit.

I think we win handily and become sizable favorites in the rest of our games up to the CC.

Had a thought yesterday watching the MSU game, where they were clearly "ok". Did they just get sky high and all jacked up, ready to play against doNU because they recognized something about the Huskers that no one else, including the Huskers has realized? Namely, that doNU is THE team to beat in the Big10? Is there any chance (guzzling koolaid here) that MSU just played their best defensive game of the year and we happened to have our worst game of the year on the same night?

This game against NW might answer that question. If we roll them, things look promising. If we struggle at all, then the 9-4 chatter and all that goes along with it might be legit.

I think we win handily and become sizable favorites in the rest of our games up to the CC.

I thought about this more than once after the game........

I would pin it on NEB playing craptacular on offense and MSU playing solid D up until the 4th quarter. Question is........who is overrated? Or are both NEB and MSU top 15 material?.......I believe the latter the more I ponder on it.......

I believe most of us can agree that MSU is the better team overall.....just not head and shoulders better. I give them the edge in mindset, the "been there" mentality. MSU has a championship mentality that NEB has to manifest within itself this year if it wants to make it to Indy....

We need to steam roll NW, flush and forget and then move on the preparing to stomp Rutgers and make them wish they'd never come to the B1G. Rinse and repeat until we beat the pi$$ out of MSU in the CCG.

The coaches willed it to happen two years ago. They could do it again.

If only we had a consistent team to do that.

Pretty much.......

NEB needs win out and I don't know if this coaching staff can will this team to do it....we'll see. Crazy things have happened....

We need to commit to our opponent every week and not get ahead of ourselves like we've seen this team do in the past. If they come out focused and prepared every week, we've got a great opportunity ahead of us.

I will say this about a potential MSU rematch: there will be plenty of film on new ways to attack that defense if and when that occurs. Hell, Purdue just hung 31 on them. They're a very high quality team-- but not as good as they looked last weekend. Nor do I believe we are that bad.

Courtney Love, a redshirt freshman LB, has been working in some packages. Sounds like we'll see him more going forward. #Huskers

Here's to Courtney Love tearing a hole in Northwestern, reducing their violet uniforms to mere doll parts lying in someone else's bed.

Hope Northwestern can live through this weekend.

• Fire 2