Ok so... what do Starkville and Oxford have that Lincoln doesn't?

Hmm, from what I remember, Tuscaloosa was in shambles when Saban arrived, as was LSU.

They played football in Alabama before Nick Saban arrived. And they did it quite well too. Some guy with an animals name........ ummm Bear something coached there. Nicky boy didn't bring a football to Bama and teach those boys down south a new sport. Stop acting like what Nick Saban did for Alabama is the same thing Bill Snyder did at KSU.

• Fire 2

Nebraska is one of the winningest college football programs in the history of the sport.

Good lord, can we just start winning 12 games a year minimum so all these damn excuses you people come up with for why we CAN'T compete can disappear. Geezus. You know if we'd just stop turning the ball over the last few years we'd probably average 11 wins a year. Yet some of you act like we've fallen off the map, can't recruit, and can't compete all because a few other programs are peaking. Christ Almighty, Nebraska has been one of the elite programs for 50 years now. We are one of the winningest in history. But here we sit around on Huskerboard making excuses for why it can't be and never will be the same again. Do me a favor and shut the hell up with all that crap. If these kids and these coaches commit themselves, make the necessary changes when things aren't working, and don't lose their focus on their goals, we can be dominant again and this excuse machine you guys switch on every other month can just disappear.

Best part of this whole conversation is that half of you are the same people who brag up Bo's recruiting efforts and his GREAT recruiting classes then out the other side of your mouth, you're here saying its so damn difficult to get recruits here. Well, the team looks plenty talented to me. We've done damn fine in the past.

STOP DREDGING UP EXCUSES. If we win out this season, what use was this 3 page joke of a thread.

• Fire 1

This is what people are referring to when discussing location. These are where all the "Elite" 4-5 star recruits come from.

iVhEoer.png

Now tell me with a straight face that location doesn't matter.

Source: http://www.cornnation.com/2014/2/12/5404912/college-football-recruits-2002-2014-map-location

That map seems to make not unreasonable to assume NU could have an influence in Texas and the south. Bigger and better than they presently have.

• Fire 1

This is what people are referring to when discussing location. These are where all the "Elite" 4-5 star recruits come from.

iVhEoer.png

Source: http://www.cornnation.com/2014/2/12/5404912/college-football-recruits-2002-2014-map-location

That map seems to make not unreasonable to assume NU could have an influence in Texas and the south. Bigger and better than they presently have.

Possibly more so when they were in the Big 12. One of the talking points these coaches make to the parents, I would assume, is that they would get to see their son play close to home a couple of times a year. Nebraska played a couple of the 4 Texas teams every year while in the Big 12. not so much now.

Not saying they shouldn't be doing better in Texas, but it's a little more difficult now.

• Fire 1

I'm interested to see how the rest of the year pans out, and the future, for the Mississippi programs. They are getting a lot of talk for their 6-0 starts, but they haven't been very good in the past few years. Since Mullen got the job, MSU had 7, 4, 6, 5, and 6 losses each year. Hugh Freeze had 6 and 5 losses, and I won't talk about the rumored recruiting improprieties. This recent play has been touted, less than half of a season, but I'm not sold yet.

iVhEoer.png

Possibly more so when they were in the Big 12. One of the talking points these coaches make to the parents, I would assume, is that they would get to see their son play close to home a couple of times a year. Nebraska played a couple of the 4 Texas teams every year while in the Big 12. not so much now.

Not saying they shouldn't be doing better in Texas, but it's a little more difficult now.

It may be difficult, but we are also talking about some guys who make a substantial amount of money as compensation for their difficult jobs.

Sometimes I think this staff suffers from the same lack of "want to" to achieve greatness that it's players do.

No one can say this staff recruits as hard as it could.

It may be difficult, but we are also talking about some guys who make a substantial amount of money as compensation for their difficult jobs.

Sometimes I think this staff suffers from the same lack of "want to" to achieve greatness that it's players do.

What coaching staff with less money and resources with equal traveling distances to recruiting hotbeds are out-recruiting our coaches?

I don't buy your second statement for a minute.

I think they recruit as hard as any other staff out there. They just don't close on the elite talent. Which is the real problem.

Do you have a basis for these opinions?

Results

• Fire 2

Results

You can do better than that