Ok so... what do Starkville and Oxford have that Lincoln doesn't?

So often I hear Nebraska fans use the "geographically disadvantaged" excuse. Starkville and Oxford are just two more examples of places where kids are willing to go, due to the respective programs having excellent coaches and recruiters.

Warm weather and close proximity to a much larger number of better recruits. They play in a conference that isn't total dogshit.

Next question

• Fire 1

It may be difficult, but we are also talking about some guys who make a substantial amount of money as compensation for their difficult jobs.

Sometimes I think this staff suffers from the same lack of "want to" to achieve greatness that it's players do.

No one can say this staff recruits as hard as it could.

Do you have a basis for these opinions?

Results

You can do better than that

True, here's what I mean.

Look at what he did with Suh, Amukamara, Dennard, etc. Legit nfl guys. Then look what he does with the others, well not as good.

If I were him, I'd be hell bent on getting those guys to Nebraska. Like stopping at nothing, being a Saban type who's wondering who he's missing on after he played in the BCS title game. Because he appears to the type of coach that needs those players.

Bo ain't that guy, and if you say he is, you're deluding yourself.

Or get a recruiting coordinator who is that guy. Because his system now is only getting the bare minimum done in the the worst power five conference.

It may be difficult, but we are also talking about some guys who make a substantial amount of money as compensation for their difficult jobs.

Sometimes I think this staff suffers from the same lack of "want to" to achieve greatness that it's players do.

Results

Look at what he did with Suh, Amukamara, Dennard, etc. Legit nfl guys. Then look what he does with the others, well not as good.

If I were him, I'd be hell bent on getting those guys to Nebraska. Like stopping at nothing, being a Saban type who's wondering who he's missing on after he played in the BCS title game. Because he appears to the type of coach that needs those players.

Or get a recruiting coordinator who is that guy. Because his system now is only getting the bare minimum done in the the worst power five conference.

I'm not sure what you mean by what he did with Suh, Amukamara, Dennard and not the others.

Again, I agree with you that they aren't closing on the big names. And not to get into an argument about Saban, but Bo doesn't get some of the benefits that Saban does recruiting in the SEC.

I agree on getting a legit recruiting coordinator but that's not Bo's call. It's the AD and Chancellors call. Alabama has several staff members dedicated to recruiting. We just finally hired 2 or 3.

• Fire 2

Because his system now is only getting the bare minimum done in the the worst power five conference.

:lol:

I'm glad you're happy with scraping out four loss seasons in the big ten. But if you think this is good enough you and I have a fundamental difference in greatness. Probably in more than just college football.

That is a very interesting map. It's interesting to narrow the search down to just the BIG schools. Then, I narrowed it down to 4and 5 star players and just the top 6 programs. (Neb, Mich, MSU, OSU, PSU, Wisc).

Nebraska recruits nationally better than any of them.

PS...I would have posted the map but, I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Once again, I don't know why all of the butthurt in this thread is directed at me. I'm simply the messenger. I can't even count how many times I've heard Nebraska fans say that recruits don't want to play for Nebraska simply because there's nothing to do in Lincoln. My point is that that has very little to do with a recruit's decision.

Results

I'm not sure what you mean by what he did with Suh, Amukamara, Dennard and not the others.

Again, I agree with you that they aren't closing on the big names. And not to get into an argument about Saban, but Bo doesn't get some of the benefits that Saban does recruiting in the SEC.

I agree on getting a legit recruiting coordinator but that's not Bo's call. It's the AD and Chancellors call. Alabama has several staff members dedicated to recruiting. We just finally hired 2 or 3.

He probably did the same, I just meant the other guys ceilings were higher.

Because his system now is only getting the bare minimum done in the the worst power five conference.

I'm glad you're happy with scraping out four loss seasons in the big ten. But if you think this is good enough you and I have a fundamental difference in greatness. Probably in more than just college football.

Feel free to put words in my mouth to try to support your asinine opinions, if that is what it takes.

Once again, I don't know why all of the butthurt in this thread is directed at me. I'm simply the messenger. I can't even count how many times I've heard Nebraska fans say that recruits don't want to play for Nebraska simply because there's nothing to do in Lincoln.

I don't understand the butthurt here. People are just pointing out that you are wrong. Where a School is located matters. If that hasn't been proven to you in this thread, then either you're not paying attention or choose to close your eyes to reality.

• Fire 3

Feel free to put words in my mouth to try to support your asinine opinions, if that is what it takes.

Maybe you should use your words and not emoticons.

• Fire 4

Once again, I don't know why all of the butthurt in this thread is directed at me. I'm simply the messenger. I can't even count how many times I've heard Nebraska fans say that recruits don't want to play for Nebraska simply because there's nothing to do in Lincoln.

So take some ownership in your statements or leave it alone. Im not saying this to you im saying it for a friend.

• Fire 1