Ok so... what do Starkville and Oxford have that Lincoln doesn't?

What's sad is we are 5-1. Yes, one loss, and the excuse wagon has the oxen pulling and already rolling through the plains. Geezus. We've only lost one game guys. We'll be okay. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out before we declare how disadvantaged we are as a program. Geezus this defeatist mentality around here is a sign of weakness.

Who is saying this? I don't like the one loss. But, in the grand scheme of the year, I think we could still end up with a very good year. I'm excited to see what happens in the next 6-8 games.

Really, the only point being argued in this thread is...."Location doesn't matter". Fore which, it flat out does and has been proven over and over again but some seem to not accept the fact.

If you're content with 9 wins a season in a weak conference, fine. I'm not.

Who are you saying is content with 9 wins?

That's the feeling I get from a lot of people on this board. They say that top recruits won't come to play here, and top coaches won't come to coach here. I was even ridiculed for telling coaches about a great player at my school when he was in 8th grade, trying to give the coaches a head start.

What does that have to do with "being content with 9 wins"?

What's sad is we are 5-1. Yes, one loss, and the excuse wagon has the oxen pulling and already rolling through the plains. Geezus. We've only lost one game guys. We'll be okay. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out before we declare how disadvantaged we are as a program. Geezus this defeatist mentality around here is a sign of weakness.

Who is saying this? I don't like the one loss. But, in the grand scheme of the year, I think we could still end up with a very good year. I'm excited to see what happens in the next 6-8 games.

Really, the only point being argued in this thread is...."Location doesn't matter". Fore which, it flat out does and has been proven over and over again but some seem to not accept the fact.

I agree. Should be a hell of a year. I think we roll through the rest of the schedule. If we see a rematch with MSU in the BTCG and we aren't clapping-snapping, then I think we could beat them.

Imagine that? Big Ten Champs and possible playoff contenders. I can't wait to see how it plays out.

I guess you were missing my point in every comment I've made in this thread where if we win, this "location" conversation goes away. Tired of excuses, this program needs to win and should win. It's as easy as that for me. We win, threads like this disappear. We only seem to be poor old disadvantaged Nebraska after a loss or a few losses. We win, and we are an elite program with no excuse not to succeed. I just happen to think we are an all around solid program, kids should want to come play football here, and for a large part of our history, they have.

AP National Champions since 1970, with the bolded schools the ones that don't have a coastline or reside in the southeast.

Nebraska

Nebraska

USC

Notre Dame

Oklahoma

Oklahoma

Pittsburgh

Notre Dame

Alabama

Alabama

Georgia

Clemson

Penn State

Miami

BYU

Oklahoma

Penn State

Miami

Notre Dame

Miami

Colorado

Miami

Alabama

Florida State

Nebraska

Nebraska

Florida

Michigan

Tennessee

Florida State

Oklahoma

Miami

Ohio State

LSU

USC

Texas

Florida

LSU

Florida

Alabama

Auburn

Alabama

Alabama

Florida State

Taking out duplicates, 13 of the last 22 schools to win the national championship are bordering an ocean, and 11 of the last 22 are in the south, as well as 28 of the last 44 championships.

I guess you were missing my point in every comment I've made in this thread where if we win, this "location" conversation goes away.

Except it doesn't. If we win, the location conversation sticks around, it just changes to "it's amazing what they are able to accomplish despite their disadvantages, especially their location."

Nebraska has always been an enigma in college football because of our location. It has always and will always be a conversation, because it has always and will always be a big obstacle.

AP National Champions since 1970, with the bolded schools the ones that don't have a coastline or reside in the southeast.

Nebraska

Nebraska

USC

Notre Dame

Oklahoma

Oklahoma

Pittsburgh

Notre Dame

Alabama

Alabama

Georgia

Clemson

Penn State

Miami

BYU

Oklahoma

Penn State

Miami

Notre Dame

Miami

Colorado

Miami

Alabama

Florida State

Nebraska

Nebraska

Florida

Michigan

Tennessee

Florida State

Oklahoma

Miami

Ohio State

LSU

USC

Texas

Florida

LSU

Florida

Alabama

Auburn

Alabama

Alabama

Florida State

Taking out duplicates, 13 of the last 22 schools to win the national championship are bordering an ocean, and 11 of the last 22 are in the south, as well as 28 of the last 44 championships.

You have 1997 wrong.

• Fire 5

I guess you were missing my point in every comment I've made in this thread where if we win, this "location" conversation goes away.

Except it doesn't. If we win, the location conversation sticks around, it just changes to "it's amazing what they are able to accomplish despite their disadvantages, especially their location."

Nebraska has always been an enigma in college football because of our location. It has always and will always be a conversation, because it has always and will always be a big obstacle.

I agree with everything you said except one part.

I've always been somewhat amazed with the fact that Nebraska has been able to even establish itself as a top program. Oklahoma as well. But they have despite many odds. Why? Good coaches and continuity.

It's not a huge obstacle. Success breeds success. It might not be as easy to recruit here as some places, but you better go have a look around Memorial and get familiar, you being the Landlord of the place you ought to know, we don't have it nearly as rough as some of you like to pretend.

The part I outright disagree with is the part about this conversation. We win, we don't even talk about this.

2. It wasn't that broken to begin with.

There isn't a shred of truth to this statement, but continue on with your ill informed blather.

Well, it wasnt. Callahan left Bo all them top 5 recruiting classes. All that awesome talent has been sorely mismanaged.

I hope I'm sensing sarcasm in your post.

There isn't a shred of truth to this statement, but continue on with your ill informed blather.

Well, it wasnt. Callahan left Bo all them top 5 recruiting classes. All that awesome talent has been sorely mismanaged.

Unless he realizes most coaches would jump at the chance at a "reclamation project" for a former champion program with a squad that quit on it's bad coach, but was loaded with nfl talent (one of whom a top 3 pick who then gave some of his bonus money back to the program) a year removed from a CCG appearance and new facilities in the queue

Unless he realizes most coaches would jump at the chance at a "reclamation project" for a former champion program with a squad that quit on it's bad coach, but was loaded with nfl talent (one of whom a top 3 pick who then gave some of his bonus money back to the program) a year removed from a CCG appearance and new facilities in the queue

So, all those coaches didn't turn down SP before he hired BC? Because that sounds an awful lot like 2003.