Ok so... what do Starkville and Oxford have that Lincoln doesn't?

2. It wasn't that broken to begin with.

There isn't a shred of truth to this statement, but continue on with your ill informed blather.
Well, it wasnt. Callahan left Bo all them top 5 recruiting classes. All that awesome talent has been sorely mismanaged.
I hope I'm sensing sarcasm in your post.
Unless he realizes most coaches would jump at the chance at a "reclamation project" for a former champion program with a squad that quit on it's bad coach, but was loaded with nfl talent (one of whom a top 3 pick who then gave some of his bonus money back to the program) a year removed from a CCG appearance and new facilities in the queue
Yet history dictates that not many coaches have jumped at that opportunity.

And the damage done prior to 2008 was much, much deeper than a simple 5~7 record. unfortunately you fail to understand that little truth. But you've never let a little thing like the truth get in the way of your tired, played out drivel.

Oh, the internet.

Which hour of talk radio gave you that one?

Your sarcasm is more biting when you don't mess up the quotes...

So often I hear Nebraska fans use the "geographically disadvantaged" excuse. Starkville and Oxford are just two more examples of places where kids are willing to go, due to the respective programs having excellent coaches and recruiters.

I'm just going to quote this at the end of the thread because it looks like people are being smug because they think they've tricked you into contradicting yourself into saying what you wrote in the OP. Of course, people had to angrily agree with you first.

So often I hear Nebraska fans use the "geographically disadvantaged" excuse. Starkville and Oxford are just two more examples of places where kids are willing to go, due to the respective programs having excellent coaches and recruiters.

I'm just going to quote this at the end of the thread because it looks like people are being smug because they think they've tricked you into contradicting yourself into saying what you wrote in the OP. Of course, people had to angrily agree with you first.

Mississippi State recruiting under Dan Mullen:

Mississippi State win-loss records under Dan Mullen:

5-7

9-4

7-6

8-5

7-6

Ole Miss recruiting under Hugh Freeze:

Ole Miss win-loss records under Hugh Freeze:

7-6

8-5

Don't let facts get in the way of your delusion.

• Fire 2

Mississippi State recruiting under Dan Mullen:

Mississippi State win-loss records under Dan Mullen:

5-7

9-4

7-6

8-5

7-6

Ole Miss recruiting under Hugh Freeze:

Ole Miss win-loss records under Hugh Freeze:

7-6

8-5

Don't let facts get in the way of your delusion.

I would agree.

Dan Mullen has gone worst to first in the Sec west with a team that had the weakest facilities and alumni base with the possible exception of Vanderbilt. And he did it five years. Most staunch Bo fans insist he needs more time because Bill Callahan had two losing seasons. At Nebraska. In year 7.

I mean if you want to talk facts there's that huge glaring one right there.

• Fire 2

I would agree.

Dan Mullen has gone worst to first in the Sec west with a team that had the weakest facilities and alumni base with the possible exception of Vanderbilt. And he did it five years. Most staunch Bo fans insist he needs more time because Bill Callahan had two losing seasons. At Nebraska. In year 7.

Maybe we should wait to crown MSU first in the SEC West. Mullen had the same record in year one and year five and actually finished worse in the division. MSU didn't show systemic improvement over Mullen's tenure, this six game stretch is likely an anomaly.

I would agree.

Maybe we should wait to crown MSU first in the SEC West. Mullen had the same record in year one and year five and actually finished worse in the division. MSU didn't show systemic improvement over Mullen's tenure, this six game stretch is likely an anomaly.

Then Nebraska has never been a top five team under Bo. Deal?

So, let me get this straight. Is someone actually arguing that someone that has had 7,4,6,5,6 losses in the previous years is soooo much better of a coach than someone who has gone 4,4,4,4,4,4.......why exactly???? Because that coach has one less loss this year than the other coach?

What would happen if the two teams played next week?

So, let me get this straight. Is someone actually arguing that someone that has had 7,4,6,5,6 losses in the previous years is soooo much better of a coach than someone who has gone 4,4,4,4,4,4.......why exactly???? Because that coach has one less loss this year than the other coach?

I'd pay good money to see a SEC come up North during late October. Make it happen, NUpolo.

I'd pay good money to see a SEC come up North during late October. Make it happen, NUpolo.

I can't do -everything-, man.

I will label Miss St. and Ole Miss as 1 yr wonders for now. If they can repeat this type of year (2 loss or less) for the next couple years, I will be believe that it is coaching that is making the difference.

There's still plenty of time this year for both teams to lose two or more games.

Nobody knows. Anything more than that is pure speculation.