Ok so... what do Starkville and Oxford have that Lincoln doesn't?

Kids aren't stupid. They look at our 9 wins and see through the cupcakes and lesser team wins and then the losses against equal or "better" teams.

I actually disagree with this 100% to be honest.

Fair enough. I have no basis for this other than my own opinion........

if it makes you feel better, i actually agreed with your post 100% to be honest.

Me also

Mississippi has:

warm winters

Mississippi Belles- warm women

Gulf coast beaches

party times

high cotton

close access to southern football- recruits taught by full time HQ coaches

two great college coaches

and most likely undiscovered NCAA infractions

meh- they have always had most of that...they have never had many good teams tho...

Callahans class the year he was canned would have been a thing of beauty. Basically a NFL QB and a NFL line. Isn't even really an exaggeration either

Did you just call Blaine Gabbert an NFL QB?

He is a terrible nfl level QB.

However in college he was quite good and would have been the best QB NU had had in awhile.

You got it all wrong, Assassin. Where the location argument falls apart is the fact that Nebraska was an elite program for 40 years.

The difference was top tier coaching.

This is one big reason but far from the only reason.

It's the only one that matters, because it's the only thing keeping us from the top now.

It's the biggest reason we were elite all those years and Colorado, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, and Missouri weren't. It's not like we had any automatic advantages over those schools, but we always had better coaches.

You got it all wrong, Assassin. Where the location argument falls apart is the fact that Nebraska was an elite program for 40 years.The difference was top tier coaching.

It's the only one that matters, because it's the only thing keeping us from the top now.

It's the biggest reason we were elite all those years and Colorado, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, and Missouri weren't. It's not like we had any automatic advantages over those schools, but we always had better coaches.

I don't see another Tom Osborne or Bob Devany walking through that door any time soon. Even if they do, it won't guarantee championships.

You got it all wrong, Assassin. Where the location argument falls apart is the fact that Nebraska was an elite program for 40 years.The difference was top tier coaching.

I don't see another Tom Osborne or Bob Devany walking through that door any time soon. Even if they do, it won't guarantee championships.

It's not like they knew Devaney was going to be Devaney when he was hired. Sometimes you have to have the balls to dare to be great instead of just good enough.

It's not like they knew Devaney was going to be Devaney when he was hired. Sometimes you have to have the balls to dare to be great instead of just good enough.

So I guess Steve Pederson was misunderstood.

• Fire 2

And boom goes the dynamite......

He had the balls to do it just not the plan I guess which isn't good either.

Either way, to point to one of the worst processes in recent memory as "the way it would be if we fired Bo" you're more defeatist about the university's competence then I am.

He had the balls to do it just not the plan I guess which isn't good either.

Either way, to point to one of the worst processes in recent memory as "the way it would be if we fired Bo" you're more defeatist about the university's competence then I am.

I was just trying to be funny. In all honesty, I still don't know if Bo is the right coach or not. But I don't think Tom Osborne did a very good job with the search as well.