Ok so... what do Starkville and Oxford have that Lincoln doesn't?

This is about the stupidest thread on the board right now. The whole premise as to why players should come to NU vs. Ole Miss and MSU is that Starkville and Oxford Mississippi are crap holes and Lincoln is way nicer?

We may think the deep south is a crappy place, but guess what, to all the kids playing at those schools it is home.

This may be a one year anomaly anyway. Lets see if they can sustain it over 3-4 years. Besides after Muschamp gets fired who do you think the #1 candidate at Florida will be? Dan Mullen former UF assistant and current HC at MSU.

The bolded answers the question presented. As someone living in the South, the thought of someone from Idaho talking about it as a "crappy place" is hysterical to me and when Southern kids think of Nebraska (snow, cornfields, very small minority population) it isn't as appealing as they places where they come from. Just because an area seems a certain way to you doesn't mean that the people that live in that area think the same way

• Fire 1

OK....First of all, I don't think Lincoln is lacking in much at all that most college towns offer around the country. Sure, on recruiting visits to places like Miami, UCLA and USC they can take them to the beach. But, really.....how often does a college kid go to the beach when they are busy with school and football.

Here is something interesting that I looked at on recruiting and Ol Miss. I looked at the last 4 recruiting classes. Those are the players that should be contributing this year on these teams.

From Scout:

Team Rankings:

Nebraska, 34, 34, 11, 49

Ol Miss, 27, 18, 10, 58

Other than two years ago, They are fairly similar.

Over those 4 years, they had:

Ol Miss

96 players averaged 3.23 stars

Nebraska

87 players averaged 3.18 stars

They had nine more players and slightly higher star ranking. I would honestly say the average star ranking was close enough to say it's a wash since recruiting is such a crap shoot.

So, I don't really see Ol Miss getting that much better talent than Nebraska.

Yeah, but Ole Miss did sign the nation's #1 player in 2013(Nkemdiche) as well as some other 5-stars.

Interesting. Two of those players are from Mississippi. Two are from other SEC states. One is from Illinois.

Kind of supports the argument that they are have more talent in their state and in their conference foot print than we do.

If you notice the recruiting rankings, that old guy that was here before did a pretty good job of recruiting to this state. How did he manage that. Serious question.

We do not get the level of athletes it takes to win on the National level. We really haven't since Tom left. Why? Winning in honesty was not that much greater other than at the end of Tom's run, and it really has not been good other than on occasion since.

As to LSU not being that good, they have the same excuse we use, but only much larger. In the last 5 years they have lost 27 juniors to the NFL. That is a whole recruiting class of NFL level players. The talent level in the SEC is leaps and bounds above what we have or can get. It is not just the coaching.

One of the reasons for TO's success was the walk-on program. We had several starters even on the NC teams that came here as a

walk-on. College costs are more than likely the biggest reason our walk-on program isn't nearly what it once was. Why go to a

school paying all the costs when one can go to a lower division college and have their college costs paid by the school?

Student loan debt is one of the biggest threats to our economy right now. It's quite possible in todays day and age we don't get

the Mackvicka brothers, Schlesinger, Jared Tomich, Scott Shanle, etc. 30 Nebraska walk-ons have gone on to play in the NFL.

I don't see this as being a list that gets much bigger primarily because college costs have gotten so burdensome that players

will opt to go where they get a scholarship.

Nebraska was the leading edge in nutrition and weight training. For much of TO's career here (especially in the beginning) most other programs didn't think those two areas were important or beneficial. It's much easier to take a player and make them a dominating player if you are the only team on the field that stresses nutrition and weight training.

Location has nothing to do with it.

What a giant pile of horsesh#t.
Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Saban and the like could coach at Alaska and kids would flock there to play.
Didn't happen when he was Michigan State.
Because he wasn't established yet.

And how did he get established? By moving south. You are terrible at logic and not worth arguing with.

OK....First of all, I don't think Lincoln is lacking in much at all that most college towns offer around the country. Sure, on recruiting visits to places like Miami, UCLA and USC they can take them to the beach. But, really.....how often does a college kid go to the beach when they are busy with school and football.

Here is something interesting that I looked at on recruiting and Ol Miss. I looked at the last 4 recruiting classes. Those are the players that should be contributing this year on these teams.

From Scout:

Team Rankings:

Nebraska, 34, 34, 11, 49

Ol Miss, 27, 18, 10, 58

Ol Miss

Nebraska

They had nine more players and slightly higher star ranking. I would honestly say the average star ranking was close enough to say it's a wash since recruiting is such a crap shoot.

Yeah, but Ole Miss did sign the nation's #1 player in 2013(Nkemdiche) as well as some other 5-stars.

Interesting. Two of those players are from Mississippi. Two are from other SEC states. One is from Illinois.

Kind of supports the argument that they are have more talent in their state and in their conference foot print than we do.

It's not an argument, it's a fact. And it's not "more," it's a crapton more.

From Scout:

Team Rankings:

Nebraska, 34, 34, 11, 49

Ol Miss, 27, 18, 10, 58

Ol Miss

Nebraska

It's not an argument, it's a fact. And it's not "more," it's a crapton more.

I know. However, there seems to be at least one or two in this thread who don't.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Saban and the like could coach at Alaska and kids would flock there to play.

And how did he get established? By moving south. You are terrible at logic and not worth arguing with.

Ding ding ding.

Also, the "location argument" has very little to do with what Lincoln has to offer. It has everything to do with the fact that the physical location of a recruit is typically the most important factor in where they go to school. Most of it is due to the distance they and their family have to travel, but part of it is the football teams in their area that they grew up hearing about. I'm not sure why this needs to even be discussed it's so obvious.

Ding ding ding.

Also, the "location argument" has very little to do with what Lincoln has to offer. It has everything to do with the fact that the physical location of a recruit is typically the most important factor in where they go to school. Most of it is due to the distance they and their family have to travel, but part of it is the football teams in their area that they grew up hearing about. I'm not sure why this needs to even be discussed it's so obvious.

Ding ding ding......

This is about the stupidest thread on the board right now. The whole premise as to why players should come to NU vs. Ole Miss and MSU is that Starkville and Oxford Mississippi are crap holes and Lincoln is way nicer?

We may think the deep south is a crappy place, but guess what, to all the kids playing at those schools it is home.

This may be a one year anomaly anyway. Lets see if they can sustain it over 3-4 years. Besides after Muschamp gets fired who do you think the #1 candidate at Florida will be? Dan Mullen former UF assistant and current HC at MSU.

The bolded answers the question presented. As someone living in the South, the thought of someone from Idaho talking about it as a "crappy place" is hysterical to me and when Southern kids think of Nebraska (snow, cornfields, very small minority population) it isn't as appealing as they places where they come from. Just because an area seems a certain way to you doesn't mean that the people that live in that area think the same way

That's what I am saying. We are not to judge what is nice or is not nice.

I love how any program who is more successful than Nebraska is "dirty" lolz

Yeah, I mean it's not like Alabama didn't just get off probation when Saban got there....

Oh wait....

http://www.footballgeography.com/college-football-fbs-and-ncaa-probation/

Your argument is invalid... Bama certainly wasn't "successful" prior to being on probation.

So move the goalposts and pat yourself on the back for being "right" then?

lol....

TO had a higher scholarship limit also. he was also able to recruit partial qualifiers. Bo has more limitations now. Plus the parity in football was nowhere near what it is today. These are just a few reasons it is harder to recruit to NE.

Be careful with logic and truth like that! It could get you in trouble around here. There are a few who really just don't understand how it has changed and definitely don't understand the parity.