Now is the time for Pelini to finally do this . . .

Love Bo. Not hating on him. Hold your horses all ye that just want to fight. I'm a lover, not a fighter (Just ask my wife!). Having said that, it's time for Pelini to do something that he has virtually never done past the midway point of the season in any of his previous 6 seasons: Play the backups in games. Pelini's downfall is that he never keeps guys rotating into the game. He gets tunnel vision and only plays starters unless someone's leg falls off. This may be Pelini's way of honoring his starting warriors, but it's also a way to keep honoring 4-loss seasons. Tom Osborne used to say that there was considerable morale boost to the team when the second teamers got to play. Our backups aren't that far below the talent level of most starters. Many are on even par. Also, they bring new blood into the game when they come in. A series or two off for the first team players can only help them. We all know the definition of insanity. Bo, if you want a different result, you have to start doing something different: put the fresh, backups in during the game. It will only help us in the short and long run. Also, it gives a confidence boost when you show the backups that you trust them, as well.

• Fire 3

Love Bo. Not hating on him. Hold your horses all ye that just want to fight. I'm a lover, not a fighter (Just ask my wife!). Having said that, it's time for Pelini to do something that he has virtually never done past the midway point of the season in any of his previous 6 seasons: Play the backups in games. Pelini's downfall is that he never keeps guys rotating into the game. He gets tunnel vision and only plays starters unless someone's leg falls off. This may be Pelini's way of honoring his starting warriors, but it's also a way to keep honoring 4-loss seasons. Tom Osborne used to say that there was considerable morale boost to the team when the second teamers got to play. Our backups aren't that far below the talent level of most starters. Many are on even par. Also, they bring new blood into the game when they come in. A series or two off for the first team players can only help them. We all know the definition of insanity. Bo, if you want a different result, you have to start doing something different: put the fresh, backups in during the game. It will only help us in the short and long run. Also, it gives a confidence boost when you show the backups that you trust them, as well.

giphy.gif

The way to win is to take out your best players and insert players that aren't as good? Ive now heard it all...

What's better: A guy who only has 70% strength, or, a guy with 100% strength? Simple as that. Also, the drop off between ones and twos is minimal at most positions. Putting the ones on the sideline will make them want to get back in the game that much more.

I was watching Baylor's comeback over TCU the other day. During the entire 4th quarter, Baylor lit up TCU's defense as if Kevin Cosgrove was coaching them. It was 100% apparent that TCU had ZERO CHANCE in stopping Baylor. At that juncture, why not put the backups in? Guys on the bench have tons of attitude and can help change a game. Heck, look at Gangrich. First two games Randy Gregory was out, the guy played lights out. Since then, he's basically not seen the field. Are you telling me he has nothing to add to the game?

Same goes for the O-Line. If we rotate 8 or 10, that's 8 or 10 hungry, fresh bodies. It works early in the season, why not continue the pattern?

• Fire 2

The way to win is to take out your best players and insert players that aren't as good? Ive now heard it all...

What's better: A guy who only has 70% strength, or, a guy with 100% strength? Simple as that. Also, the drop off between ones and twos is minimal at most positions. Putting the ones on the sideline will make them want to get back in the game that much more.

I was watching Baylor's comeback over TCU the other day. During the entire 4th quarter, Baylor lit up TCU's defense as if Kevin Cosgrove was coaching them. It was 100% apparent that TCU had ZERO CHANCE in stopping Baylor. At that juncture, why not put the backups in? Guys on the bench have tons of attitude and can help change a game. Heck, look at Gangrich. First two games Randy Gregory was out, the guy played lights out. Since then, he's basically not seen the field. Are you telling me he has nothing to add to the game?

Same goes for the O-Line. If we rotate 8 or 10, that's 8 or 10 hungry, fresh bodies. It works early in the season, why not continue the pattern?

TCU lost by 3, with Baylor needing a HUGE comeback to win and you're advocating they should have put in their backups? This is about as far off as you're random weekly rankings - which look to thankfully have stopped. Rotate OL? That's a unit not a bunch of individuals that can just be plugged in and rotated out of various positions because they are "fresh". It works early in the season because we're playing cupcakes not conference games.

Can't believe I even responded to this.

• Fire 1

Everyone plays. You dont earn it just throw them in there. That makes no sense.

It is good to start seeing guys in the game when they dont just throw guys in the game because you know they are making progress. Like how Courtney Love might start getting a look at some game snaps. Its not because we just want to throw another body in the game but he is starting to understand the defensive concepts in practice and is making progress as a player. We dont have room for backups to come in and bust concepts in the middle of game.

TCU lost by 3, with Baylor needing a HUGE comeback to win and you're advocating they should have put in their backups? This is about as far off as you're random weekly rankings - which look to thankfully have stopped.

Can't believe I even responded to this.

Dude, TCU gave up 61 points and you'd advocate keeping their starters on defense in? I don't think even Kevin Cosgrove would advocate that.

• Fire 1

A lot of subbing is left up to positions coaches. Coach P. has some say but position coaches for the most part have final say. Now, that may not be what is portrayed publicly but it is what happens. Unfortunately we have at least one position coach who has said out loud and in front of players that he hates walk ons and they should not play, regardless of position on the depth chart. I would guess because some of those walk ons have out performed his recruited players and he doesn't like it.

• Fire 1