Bo and SECPN

Granted Nebraska is used to cold and hot weather but Southeastern heat is wet heat. Different monster. Yes better teams can prevail but there is something to be said for all these "neutral" site games. Proximity plays a hand in who gets the real home field advantage and climate can definitely hinder play.

Location of the neutral bowl has nothing to do with it.

You've been pretty logical in this thread until you dropped this doozy. You're really going to claim that the location of a game has no affect on the outcome?

No affect is probably a little extreme. I do think that in a bowl atmosphere with two good to great teams, it's a very small factor.

You've been pretty logical in this thread until you dropped this doozy. You're really going to claim that the location of a game has no affect on the outcome?

No affect is probably a little extreme. I do think that in a bowl atmosphere with two good to great teams, it's a very small factor.

especially the way nebraska fans travel.

It seems that you two must not have caught NUs Orange Bowls 84~93.

If you're insinuating location had a crux reason for that loss streak, and not kooky Sabermetrics like speed and talent.......

If you're insinuating location had a crux reason for that loss streak, and not kooky Sabermetrics like speed and talent.......

Ummmm, that's not what i said. I'm fairly certain that our fans traveled well to most of those games we lost. And I'd say that we were the more talented team in 84, yet still lost.

Are you still going to insist that a hone field advantage isn't really an advantage?

Ummmm, that's not what i said. I'm fairly certain that our fans traveled well to most of those games we lost. And I'd say that we were the more talented team in 84, yet still lost.

Are you still going tout insist that a hone field advantage isn't really an advantage?

They. Don't. Have. Home. Field. Advantage.

So, Miami didn't have a home field advantage playing bowl games on their home field?

Well, pretty much everybody that knows anything about football knows that this is just not true. You really should have saved face and acknowledged that you were wrong instead of looking more foolish.

• Fire 2

Are you still going to insist that a hone field advantage isn't really an advantage?

if our fans traveled so well, what was the advantage? neb. probably was the better team in '84, but miami had the better game. could have just as easily happened in phoenix.

So, Miami didn't have a home field advantage playing bowl games on their home field?

Well, pretty much everybody that knows anything about football knows that this is just not true. You really should have saved face and acknowledged that you were wrong instead of looking more foolish.

Is this real life?

I acknowledged Miami. The venue is not the reason Nebraska lost those games.

Is this real life?

even in the orange bowl, i still do not think it is much of an advantage.

obviously you want to play as close to home as possible. but in a title game with a good showing of fans? where you play is not going to be something you really worry about too much. just my imo.

Is this real life?

Sole reason, no. Contributing factor, yes.

Age old commentary: Had the game been played in Lincoln Nebraska wins. Probably. Not just the home field advantage but also because the Miami players would literally have frozen.

• Fire 1