Bo and SECPN

Maybe Polos right. Maybe Im "mad at nothing". I guess I should rejoice in the SEC becoming more powerful and ESPN basically saying "yeah were together, nothin you can do about it". Horay.....

Are you doing this on purpose?

All Nebraska has to do is win. If it happens then, then let's get our torches. Until then let's just get our house in order.

• Fire 1

Title IX is a federal law so if there are going to be any changes or manipulation it'll have to go through the amendment process (highly dubious with congress as dysfunctional as it is today) and most likely withstand legal challenges which could filter all the way up to the Supreme Court. It's withstood umpteen dozen challenges already, meaning there isn't much likelihood of a fundamental change today.

Especially not with the argument of "We want to change it because we want to make oodles more money."

If you're talking about cutting non-revenue programs, I'm not sure that would be necessary. As long as they cut programs equally, they would be fine.

I don't think it is even cutting programs equally, is it? I think it has to go towards cutting male-female scholarships equally. That's why you see schools with more female sports than male.

Yeah, I was sloppy with my terminology but that's what I meant.

Maybe Polos right. Maybe Im "mad at nothing". I guess I should rejoice in the SEC becoming more powerful and ESPN basically saying "yeah were together, nothin you can do about it". Horay.....

All Nebraska has to do is win. If it happens then, then let's get our torches. Until then let's just get our house in order.

Im not angry at Polo. I agree 100% that if Nebraska wins a bunch and gets left out, the torches light. That goes for any non SEC school really.

I just see the writing on the wall and it tells me bad times are ahead. Im worried about the state of college football turning into one monopolized by one entity and dominated by another.

Nebraska has had its hands full with the #4 team in the SEC the past four bowl games, and looked outclassed in three of them.

Never occurred to me to blame ESPN.

There's not "nothing" you can do about it. You can win the damn game.

There are some serious issues in college football. Superconferences and money among them.

But a lot of this is just whining, distraction and cherry-picking.

Polo's right. Nebraska still has every chance to prove itself on the field. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Nebraska has had its hands full with the #4 team in the SEC the past four bowl games, and looked outclassed in three of them.

Not to nit-pick but I guess I'm going to nit-pick. I'm not sure it's exactly how you explained it.

2013 - Beat Georgia

2012 - Georgia lost the SEC Championship game by four points to eventual national champion Alabama. They had first and goal on the last play of the game. We were ahead of Georgia mid-way through the third and tied entering the fourth.

2011 - We were ahead of South Carolina seconds before halftime and were down 16-13 entering the fourth.

The final scores of the last two games weren't as close but I don't think playing toe-to-toe with a team for three quarters is being "outclassed". The year before that, we didn't play an SEC team, btw.

• Fire 3

Not to nit-pick but I guess I'm going to nit-pick. I'm not sure it's exactly how you explained it.

2013 - Beat Georgia

2012 - Georgia lost the SEC Championship game by four points to eventual national champion Alabama. They had first and goal on the last play of the game. We were ahead of Georgia mid-way through the third and tied entering the fourth.

2011 - We were ahead of South Carolina seconds before halftime and were down 16-13 entering the fourth.

The final scores of the last two games weren't as close but I don't think playing toe-to-toe with a team for three quarters is being "outclassed". The year before that, we didn't play an SEC team, btw.

Yeah. We got outclassed by Washington.

Oops. I added a phantom game against South Carolina. Wish I could say we won that phantom game game, but we didn't.

But seriously. Listen to us. Talking about how we played competitively against a good SEC team (but technically mid-level enough to fall to the Capitol One bow) for three quarters before they applied the gas and won going away. And then nudged a demoralized Georgia team with about the same motivation as we had playing Washington.

We can consider playing an SEC team close for three quarters a moral victory. I did at the time. The Georgia win felt a little better because it WAS against an SEC team.

But that also means we've elevated our perception of the SEC.

And again, the rug can be pulled out from under the SEC at any time by going out on the field and defeating their teams.

I thought we reached a rare consensus a few pages ago: the SEC is the strongest conference right now. Just not THAT much stronger.

If you accept that premise, everything eveybody is saying, from Bo Pelini to Chris Fowler, makes perfect sense.

• Fire 1

I'm not saying they were moral victories. But we did compete very well for most of those games.

And I'm not sure how that is elevating the perception of the SEC. We were slotted at basically the same spot in the B1G as those teams were in the SEC. If anything, people having to bail out SEC teams as "demoralized" or "disinterested" whenever they lose a bowl game is elevating the perception SEC.

Oops. I added a phantom game against South Carolina. Wish I could say we won that phantom game game, but we didn't.

But seriously. Listen to us. Talking about how we played competitively against a good SEC team (but technically mid-level enough to fall to the Capitol One bow) for three quarters before they applied the gas and won going away. And then nudged a demoralized Georgia team with about the same motivation as we had playing Washington.

We can consider playing an SEC team close for three quarters a moral victory. I did at the time. The Georgia win felt a little better because it WAS against an SEC team.

But that also means we've elevated our perception of the SEC.

And again, the rug can be pulled out from under the SEC at any time by going out on the field and defeating their teams.

I thought we reached a rare consensus a few pages ago: the SEC is the strongest conference right now. Just not THAT much stronger.

If you accept that premise, everything eveybody is saying, from Bo Pelini to Chris Fowler, makes perfect sense.

After reading that, I have absolutely no clue what wins and losses I'm supposed to be happy or upset about.

• Fire 1