Bo and SECPN

Here is my shot at predicting who will be in the top 4 and why. Not necessarily in order.

Ole Miss. Only 1 of 3 undefeated teams in the Power 5 left.

Mississippi State. See above

Florida State. See above

Michigan State/Kansas State. One loss is against a top 10 team and they are undefeated in conference. I would give the nod to Kansas State today because their loss was closer in score.

Why not some others:

Alabama lost to a divisional opponent. Which means they can't win the division or conference if Ole Miss stays undefeated.

Auburn. Same as Alabama only sub Mississippi State

Oregon. Their one loss was to (at the time) an unranked conference opponent.

Notre Dame. One loss was to a "conference" opponent

Georgia. Loss to divisional opponent

TCU. Loss was to a conference opponent

Remember that time we beat Georgia?

It didn't count. Everyone on their team was injured, even Richt.

It certainly has no bearing on who are the best teams are currently.

it did count, but if that is all we have to hang our hats on against the SEC, it is not much.

remember the two previous years when we were beat fairly handily to scar and uga? and what other successes has the B1G had against the SEC? wiscy had a chance to beat an overrated lsu before they plummeted. how did that work out? they had an opportunity to take advantage of what i will call the aTm effect, and messed the bed. and they were supposed to be one of our better teams.

While I agree that the ESPN and SEC relationship is potenitally dangerous, but are we forgetting that conference won like 7 national titles in a row, and finished 2nd in a classic game last year? And have you been watching the football games this year? I am sorry, but the SEC is by and far the best conference in football. Don't like it? Go beat them. Most teams havent been able to do it.

It's easier to win the the odds are stacked in your favor and other conferences are getting shut out of even having a chance.

• Fire 1

While I agree that the ESPN and SEC relationship is potenitally dangerous, but are we forgetting that conference won like 7 national titles in a row, and finished 2nd in a classic game last year? And have you been watching the football games this year? I am sorry, but the SEC is by and far the best conference in football. Don't like it? Go beat them. Most teams havent been able to do it.

It's easier to win the the odds are stacked in your favor and other conferences are getting shut out of even having a chance.

Outside of the Bama/LSU game, this hasn't happened.

• Fire 1

I think Count'bility showed 2 other instances where an SEC school got chosen ahead of other schools that had an argument

I think Count'bility showed 2 other instances where an SEC school got chosen ahead of other schools that had an argument
Michigan didn't exactly make their case that they got the shaft when they played USC in the Rose Bowl in 06. To say nothing of what actually happens in the title game. If anyone got left out that year, it was USC.

Michigan didn't exactly make their case that they got the shaft when they played USC in the Rose Bowl in 06.

But that's hindsight. They would have never played that game had they been picked for the NC game. So everything changes.

• Fire 1

2006, 2007, 2008, 2011... SEC teams got the benefit of the doubt against equal resumes.

and just look at how the sec does during bowl season. i think the B1G did so poorly because it often got two teams into the bcs, so every other team got bumped up and played a better team, but how is that biased? the B1G was regularly getting two teams in BCS games, which is plenty opportunity to prove your caliber.