Bo and SECPN

I think the SEC is this best due to their almost decade long streak of winning national titles, not because ESPN tells me they are the best.

...and who or what decides who plays in the national title games???...the polls, maybe??...

...do you think that the two best teams always meet in those games?...or can voting push out a team deserving that shot?

We could get rid of a lot of this type of sh!t if we kept all Power 5 teams to a minimum standard of who they play as non-conference opponents. I have always maintained that any game against an FCS opponent shouldn't be counted as a win and the statistics shouldn't be counted in the season totals. That would keep the SEC from sucking eggs and telling everybody that they're meat eaters.

While I agree that the ESPN and SEC relationship is potenitally dangerous, but are we forgetting that conference won like 7 national titles in a row, and finished 2nd in a classic game last year? And have you been watching the football games this year? I am sorry, but the SEC is by and far the best conference in football. Don't like it? Go beat them. Most teams havent been able to do it.

It's easier to win the the odds are stacked in your favor and other conferences are getting shut out of even having a chance.
Outside of the Bama/LSU game, this hasn't happened.
I think Count'bility showed 2 other instances where an SEC school got chosen ahead of other schools that had an argument
Michigan didn't exactly make their case that they got the shaft when they played USC in the Rose Bowl in 06. To say nothing of what actually happens in the title game. If anyone got left out that year, it was USC.

Did Michigan play that game BEFORE the selection was made?

While I agree that the ESPN and SEC relationship is potenitally dangerous, but are we forgetting that conference won like 7 national titles in a row, and finished 2nd in a classic game last year? And have you been watching the football games this year? I am sorry, but the SEC is by and far the best conference in football. Don't like it? Go beat them. Most teams havent been able to do it.

It's easier to win the the odds are stacked in your favor and other conferences are getting shut out of even having a chance.

2006, 2007, 2008, 2011... SEC teams got the benefit of the doubt against equal resumes.

and i believe they proved they deserved said benefit of the doubt in each of those years.

The "odds stacked in your favor" saunders is talking about are more based on recruiting.

Nah, I was referring to the "tough SEC" comments bandied about by the media. You know, "quality losses" and such. Although, the recruiting issues are a problem too.

But...but...but...all that SEC speed.

Remember, nobody has fast players other than SEC teams.

The "odds stacked in your favor" saunders is talking about are more based on recruiting.

Yeah, about that.

No question there's an advantage with proximity. But that's the only one that I clearly, unequivocally see.

Even with that advantage, many sec teams put an incredible premium on recruiting. Efforts that shame Nebraska's. Which is puzzling considering Bo's background before he was a coach here.

If NU can put forward an equal effort on recruiting, and still loses kids, then I'll listen more to this bias argument.

As for the bag man flavor of the day complaint......look,mall I going to say is if about wants to run the first completely, utterly on the level team without the slightest hint of impropriety, well then he's the first Nebraska to try this.

Yeah, about that.

No question there's an advantage with proximity. But that's the only one that I clearly, unequivocally see.

Even with that advantage, many sec teams put an incredible premium on recruiting. Efforts that shame Nebraska's. Which is puzzling considering Bo's background before he was a coach here.

If NU can put forward an equal effort on recruiting, and still loses kids, then I'll listen more to this bias argument.

As for the bag man flavor of the day complaint......look,mall I going to say is if about wants to run the first completely, utterly on the level team without the slightest hint of impropriety, well then he's the first Nebraska to try this.

is it lack of effort in recruiting?

Or lack of time. There's only so many miles you can travel in a day.

2006, 2007, 2008, 2011... SEC teams got the benefit of the doubt against equal resumes.

and i believe they proved they deserved said benefit of the doubt in each of those years.

lol.... UF didn't even play the best team in 2008. 2011 was a travesty to the sport and despised by most fans (the ratings showed it).

• Fire 1

Again. This is hindsight. Why did they ALWAYS get the benefit of the doubt?

Those last 7 NCs have absolutely NOTHING to do with this year. NOTHING!!!!!!!

Of course they do.

We have to get past the fact that the SEC has had a legitimately good run in National Championships and fields a strong conference top to bottom. We can't simultaneously resent the advantages the SEC has and then pretend those advantages don't lead to better football teams. The SEC can be overrated and still be pretty damned good. That's where we are. Nebraska doesn't start from scratch each year, either. We bring a long college football history with us, and pollsters and media pundits give us credit for it, even if we haven't exactly earned it of late.

And you know what? That's why it's so fun to beat SEC teams. Even as a Nebraskan I could revel in Oklahoma beating Alabama last year. Do you think ESPN hates Alabama losing to Oklahoma? They'll tell you after they look at the ratings. Underdog vs. Overdog is the best story in sports. Right now the SEC is the Overdog. People hating on the SEC doesn't hurt ESPN a bit.

If the SEC is too entrenched for college football parity, it has a lot to do with culture and climate. Values have shifted and good athletes in other parts of the country have turned to a variety of other sports. College football means more in the SEC part of the country, and a larger pool of talented 18 year olds who want to play near home is going to tip the balance. Not sure how you can legislate against that.

because it is an imperfect system with limited information.

and i think it is funny that people are mad at the lsu/bama rematch, but also mad that mich. did not get a second shot at osu.

this all just comes off as sour grapes, in my imo.

Remember that time we beat Georgia?

It didn't count. Everyone on their team was injured, even Richt.

It certainly has no bearing on who are the best teams are currently.

Makes me feel pretty good about our team though. Most guys from our team are back that had a hand in beating Georgia.

But no, it doesn't improve our actual chances in the eyes of those that matter.

because it is an imperfect system with limited information.

and i think it is funny that people are mad at the lsu/bama rematch, but also mad that mich. did not get a second shot at osu.

this all just comes off as sour grapes, in my imo.

The mad is because the SEC got that rematch. The Big Ten and Big 12 did NOT-in favor of an SEC team.

First the BigTen didnt get the rematch. Then the Big 12 didnt. OH oh oh. But when it's the SEC, yep yep yep. Theyre the two best teams. Just look at that tough SEC schedule. LOL

• Fire 3